Driverless Pizza Delivery

Driverless Pizza Delivery - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Sep, 2017 - 3:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Domino's and Ford team up for driverless pizza delivery test. The test is meant to see how customers react. Source 8b.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Delivery Pizza Driverless

Well that is a great idea and you do not have to worry about some late teen or early twenty something racing around on the streets causing issues. I would not mind going out to a car to get my delivery. I just did not want to go all the way to the store.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Driverless Pizza Delivery Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This bothers me. It will take jobs. It might not seem like a big deal but this will be happening in most industries in the future. Just wait until robots take over the medical field. We are setting up our own demise and destroying our economy in the long run.

4th Sep, 2017 - 9:54am / Post ID: #

I like the idea of this personally. I understand people's fears over being replaced in the workplace, but that only opens up more opportunities elsewhere. Think of all the robots in the workplace already, and still employers are crying out for skilled workers, or even non-skilled workers, in many industries. The way I see it is that most of the work that robots will replace is the mundane, labor intensive work, which will, in the long term, drive down prices, increase productivity and free up people to follow more rewarding career paths or vocations.

I watched an incredibly interesting program about this only a few weeks ago and many are predicting that robots in the workplace will, in fact, increase jobs, as there will be jobs created in other sectors that will be more rewarding in many ways than the jobs the robots take over. Plus it has the chance to create more leisure time for all, which mean jobs in the entertainment & services sectors will increase as the demand increases for people to fill the leisure time.

However, I guess only time will tell if the impact of robots will overall be a positive or negative impact on us all, and not just on an employment basis. I like to remain optimistic about this at present *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 4th Sep, 2017 - 9:57am

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I like your optimism. I hope that it turns out that way. I've read some experts say that they expect robots to take most jobs in the future. It isn't like prior changes as the car replaced the horse for example. Robots will be superior to humans in almost every field. They can build and repair the other robots. There won't be enough jobs for evrryone that wants one. That would require some sort of guaranteed minimimum income from the government to everyone for merely livimg.

4th Sep, 2017 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Could be the case. Horses sadly were deemed as equipment, and not a job, although the jobs of those who looked after the horses were lost, the new jobs created in the manufacturing of the cars vastly increased over that demand of groomers, farriers etc. The only thing I am nervous about in our future is the invention of AI. But that, with most of our fears, comes from popular literature & movies.

I hope as a race we can find alternative areas for us to find employment than in the traditional methods. If we take at the industrial revolution, thousands of poorly paid jobs, poor working conditions and health concerns were eradicated by technology, there was pain in the short term, but in the long term we as a race have never looked back. Side effects of this however have been at the cost of the environment and the worlds natural resources.

There are always jobs out there, it just depends on whether people are willing to take those jobs. Along with that are jobs that are being invented all the time and I can see homeworking & internet working becoming more and more prevalent over the coming decade(S).

I have seen this trend from working in IT for many years. The number of people in our organisation (Of around 750 people) that now work from home / online has at around 60%. The company has sold of several of it's realty assets to fund these advances in technology and the company has never grown faster or been stronger, even in the current climate in the UK, by taking the leap to work smarter on the internet they truly are a global corporation.

Since these implementations in technology the company employee base has grown from 400 in less than 10 years. So I kind of have a reason to be optimistic in my approach to technology, from my own personal experience *wink*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Around my area a driver less delivery car would make very good sense as places have a hard time filling job openings for delivery drivers. I guess people do not want that job so having a driver less car would fill this void.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Driverless Pizza Delivery Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Glarion, AI is my main concern as well. I see many issues besides AI deciding that humans are a nuisance. Take truck driving for example. It will be obsolete in just a few years. It is currently the most numerous job in many states. Those drivers aren't going to be able to retrain into anything making similar amounts of money. Some will, most will not. Then you have convenience stores and restaurants that are kept alive on major highways by truckers. That will be gone. Those workers will be in the same boat.

This will be a huge profit for companies but it will end up driving a lot of people onto government dependency that were able to provide for their families previously. Any new jobs being created won't benefit many. In the past if someone had a strong work ethic and strong back they could make pretty good money. Not so in the near future. All the people that are not as intelligent will have huge issues in this sort of economy.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Sep, 2017 - 3:03pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Driverless Pizza Delivery

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,