Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs?

Should Adult Themed Rpgs - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 
Best of  Should Adult Themed RPGs
17th Sep, 2017 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

I'm throwing this out for Discussion. Someone asked if we allow Adult based Role-playing Games in the Community. As of this moment we do not as this is a family friendly site, however a Board reserved for that and not publicly accessible could be created. My main concern is that it does not turn into a sex fest. I have come across sites that are dedicated to this and the actual adventure is lost in too much bedroom time. The idea of Adult themed would be in my mind to introduce certain elements not allowed in the the Public Role-playing Games such as:

1. More graphic battles (Blood / gore)
2. More intimate involvements with PCs / NPCs within reason
3. Things you would not want children reading but its Ok for adults (For instance strong language)

What are your thoughts?

Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Sep, 2017 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPGs Themed Adult We Should

This could be a interesting thing if some people are interested. I think making sure it does not turn into some highly erotic story then I would be ok with it. Having more blood gore and adult based themes can be good at times.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2017 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I will support the idea.

I will however say that I would not participate in a game that failed to keep things behind a reasonable limit. Game of Thrones would seem to be a good marker. Compete with it on the blood and sex, and you're fine. Go much further past however, and you're writing erotica, and/or the kind of horror that only serves to disgust people. I really really hope it isn't both.

I do however suggest caution for both players and game masters, RPed sexual encounters can easily generate awkwardness and enmity if not careful.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Absolutely yes on the game and I agree with both KN and Daishain. I also agree on the awkwardness, so we should be careful how we proceed. I have too many good friends on this site to lose one or more due to a perceived slight over a game.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If we do get this type of game going we will need a GM/Dungeon Master as I would be more interested in being a PC and not a NPC.

18th Sep, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

The way I have judged consideration for such more adult roleplays, is not only roleplaying only with more mature minded people but to also set proper expectations. This because it is generally the unexpected and/or unpleasant surprises that can throw everything off for the roleplay.

To go over and set expectations, in what is or is not okay, is so there are not any surprises which might make another uncomfortable or upset. The point being that it is enjoyed by all involved, or at least have it that they can take in stride the parts they don't like as much and enjoy well the parts they do.

Personally, I am up for such. I have done more adult or mature roleplays though less on the violence and dark themes but instead have it that it is an erotic roleplay for something more romantic.

Of course, for me story is still generally key and I like to discuss the characters involved, the setting, and set a general baseline of where the story/roleplay will lead. With such a setup, and expectations worked out, I've enjoyed many such roleplays very much indeed.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Sep, 2017 - 3:09am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Should We Adult Themed RPGs

Well, it seems we have the start of a consensus here, presuming of course all the "Nays" are not simply refusing to voice an opinion.

It does not sound like we will have someone willing to run such a game in the near future though. Not unless this mysterious fellow who launched the query steps up.

14th Oct, 2017 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Should We Adult Themed RPGs Board Card & RPG Reviews

Is there really any benefit to this kind of game except to introduce some sex and gore?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Should We Have Adult Themed RPGs?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,