Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

D & D: More Or Less Supplements
A Friend

In your opinion is it better for a game to have more or less supplements? While having more supplements gives greater flexibility in creating characters it greatly increases the chance of unbalancing a game system. I think it is an advantage to 5e to have less than 3.5 The more variables you introduce the more likely the game will end up being broken. The more materials the greater the difficulty in keeping it balanced. I was on another website the other day looking at some Play By Post games. This Dungeon Master for one 3.5 game had over 100 houserules to keep it from being broken. 5e is well balanced now. Sooner or later if they produce enough materials they will slip up and power gamers will flock to the option.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Supplements Or D and D

I'm torn here. I love the flexibility of 3.5. You can be almost anything. That said, it is broken as heck. I have fallen in love with the game again thanks to 5e. So, I guess I lean towards 5e and fewer, but just barely.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

D & D: More Or Less Supplements Reviews RPG & Card Board

Anything can be broken by a house rule or from people not fully understanding things. Yes more supplements can make something hard to keep under control. I am one that if the game proves to over power something there is always a way to counter that over power. Sometimes it is simple to just not allow it.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Supplements Or D and D

There are advantages and disadvantages to both, and have found that it highly depends on the group.

If the Dungeon Master is good at countering power problems, and the players both aren't liable to push for power problems too hard and want a highly diverse mix of character options, then for the most part the more supplements the better

If on the other hand for whatever reason there are likely to be balance issues that won't be easily controlled, and/or the players don't want to hunt through material, then by all means limit the spread.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Supplements Or D and D

I know that before I have ran a 3.5 campaign that limited everything to the players handbookI, Dungeon Master guide, the five monster Manuals and the unearthed arcana. IF it was not in those books it was not allowed in the game.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, which goes to Kyrroeth's point. Sometimes it is better to limit options. I'm really torn on this one.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

D & D Or Supplements

I think it's up to the Dungeon Master as Daishain said. It takes a very experienced Dungeon Master to handle 3.5. I guess 5e is easier for new Dungeon Masters.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

D & D Or Supplements Board Card & RPG Reviews

With me having every book that has been released for the 3.5 game it makes it easier for me to counter any build up with some things in the 3.5 world. But also I can just say no to things.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: D & D: More Or Less Supplements

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,