Mormons: Deeply Flawed, Deeply Spiritual? - Page 3 of 3

Name: Michael Country: Title: Flawed and spiritual - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Jan, 2013 - 6:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
25th Sep, 2008 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Deeply Flawed, Deeply Spiritual? - Page 3

In my opinion, in few words:

Can a person deeply flawed become deeply spiritual?

Sure, through the process of repentance.

Can a person deeply flawed be deeply spiritual at the same time?

No, he/she cannot.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2008 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Mormons: Deeply Flawed, Deeply Spiritual?
A Friend

Spiritual Deeply Flawed Deeply Mormons

I think that a person understands a lot of things from themselves. I understand a lot of things from the way I have thought and the things I do and have done. As good as someone can be they can be equally as bad. We all have a dark side.

It is all a matter of wanting to cultivate that good side of us and letting it take over.

I have said before that I have pulled some out of a burning car and risked my life. To be honest the thought arose inside of me that I would like to see someone burn. I really wanted to see a helpless human being burn to death? I was disgusted with myself and my actions dictated that I would rather die than to see that. Not because of him so much, but because of me. After I destroyed the thought of me wanting to see him roast. I ran up to the SUV that had just crashed into the trees at 70 miles and hour. I tried to pull the door open and cut my hands very deeply with the broken glass. I jerked and jerked with all my strength and actually bent the door. When my strength left me I told him not to worry that "I wouldn't leave him" (no less than what I was told in a blessing). I was expecting to die. He regained his thought and said that he could fit threw the window if I pulled him. He had more clarity of thought than I did. His feet were broken and he inhaled the smoky fumes more than I did. So I guess the question is who saved who? I carried a broken body to safety with what little strength I had left if anything at all. It wasn't the biggest turning point in my life but it was a dramatic one.

I am sorry folks, but I am trying to help people understand this. My actions dictated otherwise and I cannot even watch people on t.v burn now. I will ponder on this more, because I don't think I completely understand it. Perhaps it was more of my spirit takeing over, or perhaps it was a fear of God. I certainly wouldn't want to face him with my actions being that I enjoyed watching someone burn and did nothing about it.

If a person isn't openly going out and destroying people then just be patient with them. Let god deal with them. And he will.

I have a hard time watching crippled people now. I don't like seeing people homeless either. I used to make fun of them. I ignore it the best I can, but I could do more. We can all do more. I could spend more time trying to help people rather then try to argue with them. And yet I am still disgusted with myself.

God believes in us more than we do ourselves and he loves us even when when we hate ourselves. I know all of this very well.

The natural man is a pain in the @ss.

28th Nov, 2012 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormons: Deeply Flawed, Deeply Spiritual? Studies Doctrine Mormon

We can have flaws and be spiritual. We are not perfect so we will always have flaws but the key for me is that we are always in a repentant state, we are always looking to do better, etc.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2013 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Spiritual Deeply Flawed Deeply Mormons

Name: Michael

Title: Flawed and spiritual

Comments: None of us is perfectly righteous, and only sons of perdition are perfectly wicked. Thus, we all fall somewhere in between those two extremes on the spectrum of righteousness and wickedness. We are all at least somewhat flawed and hopefully somewhat spiritual at the same time. The lesson that the learn from Balaam is that the Lord can even inspire a wicked man when it suits His purposes.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Note, the Guest facility is not meant for constant Posting, if you wish to contribute to many of the Topics please consider creating an account to do so at your leisure.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormons: Deeply Flawed, Deeply Spiritual?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,