Pandora's Christmas Wish

Pandora' S Christmas Wish - Christmas - Posted: 28th Dec, 2017 - 1:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Top  Pandora' s Christmas Wish
8th Dec, 2017 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Pandora's Christmas Wish

You can help me make this dream a reality.

This is a very special time of the year. For most people, Christmas will be a day of happiness surrounded by family. I think most of us take for granted the many things we have in our lives…

As you all know, I am the co-founder of International Discussions and… the mother of three children on the autism spectrum!

Where I live (Trinidad & Tobago) Autism is considered a taboo, like most topics related to special needs. Children with Autism do not have access to free public education or therapy. Parents make great sacrifices in order to provide basic needs. Most of these children are at home all day because they do not enjoy the same benefits of those who are neuro-typical.

When they do get the chance to go outside, they are many times scorned because of the way they might behave. I want that perception and stigma to change!

Just like neuro-typical individuals, those on the Autism spectrum wish to be loved and accepted. They want to have friends, have jobs, go to school and be included in everyday activities along neuro-typical individuals.

I would like to create a series of short video-interviews with children and adults on the Autism spectrum (As well as other different-abled individuals) living in T&T and provide a voice for them. The tone and atmosphere of these interviews will be relaxed and cheerful. I will be highlighting the positive aspects of each individual and giving them the opportunity to express (Verbally or otherwise) their desires and dreams and what they would like others to know about them.

These series of videos will be highlighted on APATT's web site (TTAutism.com), Facebook, YouTube and other social media. We live in a heavy- technological era where videos and stories reach more hearts than simple words in a book will ever reach.

APATT does not receive any kind of funding. If we do receive an occasional donation from a Good Samaritan, the donation in it’s entirely goes towards Autism parents, to be used in much needed therapy for their children. APATT does not use any donation for organizational structuring of any kind.

I also plan to use the camera to create videos for a healthy lifestyle such as CreamyAvocado.com, etc and enable people to cope better with stress through life changes and so forth.

What am I kindly requesting from you?

The donation of a quality video camera (And its accessories) to be used in the production of these videos. Of course, I will mention the donation in our web site and social media pages.

As Christmas is approaching, I am seeking to touch people’s hearts so they can embrace acceptance for all by experiencing the real meaning of inclusion.

It would mean the world to me if you could assist in making this Christmas dream come true!

Thanks a lot!
Pandora.

Pandora's Christmas Wish
Pandora's Christmas Wish (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2017 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Wish Christmas Pandoras

Just to add my bit here. Normally, we ask for Donations around this time of year, but if you remember during the early part of the year when I had those big drives surrounding ROK II - I said that we would not have any kind of special Membership offerings for the rest of 2017 and we have not. Considering this Pandora and I thought this would count as something special from the Community so I throw my support behind Pandora and what she is hoping to accomplish.

8th Dec, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Pandora's Christmas Wish Christmas

What kind of video camera are we talking here? Does it have to be new or used? Most phones act like really good camcorders nowadays.

8th Dec, 2017 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Wish Christmas Pandoras

A quality digital camera. It does not have to be new. I have a very, very humble phone and isn't good for videos.The Iphone might work well, but I don't have one.

10th Dec, 2017 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Wish Christmas Pandoras

I received a donation so far of $82 from KNToran to go towards the video-camera. Thank you so much!

It will mean the world to me if more people can donate towards this worthy cause, thank you all in advance.

18th Dec, 2017 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Pandora's Christmas Wish

I hope you are able to get what you need. Do you already have a channel on YouTube or are the videos going to be on your sites?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Dec, 2017 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Pandora's Christmas Wish

Thanks Seraphina. I already have a channel on YouTube for APATT and the videos will be uploaded there and on the site *smile*.

28th Dec, 2017 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Pandora's Christmas Wish Christmas

I am please to announce that I was able to get a used GoPro camera yesterday! Thanks KNtoran for your contribution! smile.gif I am very excited about it, and I need to learn now how to use this little baby before I start filming videos.

Thanks again!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pandora's Christmas Wish

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,