Does Autism Decrease Your Life Span?

Does Autism Decrease Life Span - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Jul, 2016 - 1:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Autism Life Expectancy - For how long does an autistic person live?
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2011 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Autism Related Issues

Name: Melissa

Comments: If a person has autism do they tend to live a shorter life than someone who doesn't have autism?

Sponsored Links:
27th Jun, 2011 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Span Life Decrease Autism Does

No, people with autism have a normal life expectancy unless they have other conditions besides autism that could change those odds.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Does Autism Decrease Your Life Span? Health & Special Psychology

ASP persons have an 18 year deficit

People with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) die on average 18 years before the general population, according to a report released today by Autistica, a philanthropic group based in the United Kingdom. People with both ASD and an intellectual disability die even younger, on average 30 years earlier than those without the conditions. Ref. Source 1p.

24th Jul, 2016 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

I believe the cause has to do with the subsequent symptoms that come along with autism and not autism itself. For instance, if this is a statistic calculated on the average then consider the number of young children that do not make it to adulthood simply because they have no awareness of danger. Then there is the hygiene and immune system issues that plagues many on the spectrum which can result in a greater risk for disease and infection.

24th Jul, 2016 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Not sure if I completely understand.

international QUOTE (JB)
if this is a statistic calculated on the average then consider the number of young children that do not make it to adulthood simply because they have no awareness of danger.

But that's part of autism, not a co-morbid condition. I believe everything is interconnected.

24th Jul, 2016 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

My focus is how they arrived at "18" and I am saying that not everyone on the ASD is in the same bucket so if they were calculating that figure based on low, moderate and high functioning, those who had cerebral palsy and autism and so forth then the figure will not be entirely accurate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Does Autism Decrease Your Life Span?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,