Autism & The Brain

Autism Brain - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jul, 2016 - 10:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Feb, 2007 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Autism & The Brain

Autism & The Brain

This poster shows parts of the brain implicated due to Autism:

Autism & The Brain
Autism & The Brain (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Feb, 2007 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Brain and Autism

I was watching a programme last night on how an autistic persons brain assesses things differently from a non autistic persons.

The programme focused on a single mother, I think that she had about 8 kids from what I could gather, and it only affected the boys in her family, so she had 4 boys all with Autism spectrum disorders. What I found particularly fascinating was that a simple colored glasses lens could make a world of difference. It was all down to how the brain interpreted things, and 2 of the boys tried these special colored lenses, and they had previously said that words on a book seemed to be jumbled up and moving, but with the lenses this stopped.

Another thing that the boys said affected them through Autism was lights in the class room, the lights appeared to have lines coming out of them and caused distraction to their attention span. This too stopped once they had the new lenses.

I think it's amazing the new facts that keep coming to light regarding Autism, and the scientists seem to be achieving great things.

9th May, 2007 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Autism & The Brain Health & Special Psychology

These lenses seem to be the very same lenses that are used for children with scotopic syndrome. I believe there is a book written by an autistic person who descibed how the lenses have helped her. I will try to get the name of the book.
Paintingblue

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2016 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Brain and Autism

Genomic region associated with autism plays role in specific cognitive functions

A new study reports that variations in 16p11.2, a region of the genome associated with risk of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), have distinct effects on cognition. The findings highlight the diversity of people with ASD. Ref. Source 7f.

> TOPIC: Autism & The Brain

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,