Proxima B

Proxima B - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Aug, 2017 - 11:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

News - exoplanet
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2016 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Proxima B

A rocky planet found orbiting the star closest to Earth's sun is the nearest exoplanet that might have water and support life, researchers said.

The discovery of the planet, Proxima b, has been years in the making. It is within the habitable zone of its star, Proxima Centauri, meaning liquid water could exist on the surface. Ref. CNN.

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2016 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

B Proxima

I can already see after Mars they will want to go to the nearest star BUT they will need the ability to get there before they die. Nice to know there might be a planet out there like ours and yet so unreachable at the moment.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Proxima B UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Earth-like atmosphere may not survive Proxima b's orbit. An Earth-like planet outside the solar system may not be able to keep a grip on its atmosphere, leaving the surface exposed to harmful stellar radiation and reducing its potential for habitability. Source 3z.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Proxima B
A Friend

B Proxima

Is it possible there is an atmosphere there and it is not composed of the same material as our atmosphere but is something more resistant to the constant bombardment of the red dwarf sun's intense solar flares? So, there could be an atmosphere and life but it wouldn't be like anything we know.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Proxima B
A Friend

B Proxima

I am sure as we head off this rock we will find other inhabitable planets. We have some other possibilities within our solar system when you start looking at the moons of Saturn and Jupiter. Plus we have the asteroid belt that we can mine for heavy metals that we can use plus possible water and other gasses frozen currently.

> TOPIC: Proxima B

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,