Working With Clay

Working Clay - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Sep, 2015 - 11:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2006 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Working With Clay

Working with Clay

If you have molded any significant art piece out of clay then do tell us about it.

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2006 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Clay Working

I have taken two classes involving clay. The first was "Sculpture for non-art-majors," before I was an art major, and the second was ceramics.

I don't know if these fit under the term "significant" or not, but my favorite thing that I made from the first class was a "historical reproduction" of a mayan-looking head that also functioned as a water container. It was the head of a man and on the top there was two spouts that combined into one to pour the water out. I "glazed" it in red iron oxide.

My favorite thing from the second class was our slab project - I made a sailboat and gave it to my mom for Christmas (she likes all things nautical). The bottom was glazed buttery orange and the top was red iron oxide. It sat in a little stand that was shaped like water (I can't remember the glaze of that).

I did take pictures of these, but unfortunately it was before I had my digital camera, so they are not on my computer.

16th Apr, 2006 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Working With Clay UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

The only works I have done is with modeling clay that falls apart easily and the baking clay. I've done everything from a rose to a miniature human that had clothes shoes hair sneakers and the like.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2015 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Working With Clay
A Friend

Clay Working

I don't think I've ever created a significant art object in my life, but I once had access to a device called a 'slab roller', that produced a lovely 3/4" Thick sheet of clay with an amazing canvas texture. I rolled out few feet of that, folded it it over on itself like it was a big ribbon, let it dry, fired it, glazed it, and hung it on the wall. I thought it look amazing.

> TOPIC: Working With Clay

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,