Regulate The Internet

Regulate Internet - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 5th Dec, 2017 - 12:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
FCC
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2009 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Regulate The Internet

FCC plans to formalize Internet rules on net neutrality draw fire

The FCC wants to formalize rules on network neutrality on the Internet, but critics say things are working fine now without regulations. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2009 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Internet Regulate

I agree its working just fine. Why do they want to put all kinds of rules to make it complicated? You just pay to connect or go wifi and that's it. Next thing they'll want to do is like tax you for using the internet, tax you for downloading too much and whatever else.

Post Date: 6th May, 2010 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Regulate The Internet Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Obama's next regulate and destroy mission: The Internet

The FCC is planning on making the internet a public utility so it can be regulated much in the same way that phone companies are. The government will argue that they are doing this to boost your internet speeds, or something. When has the government ever been good at making something more efficient? Clearly never - so what's the real reason behind the move? Glenn explains on radio today. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 7th May, 2010 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Internet Regulate

Rule changes for net access in US

US regulators are changing the way net services are governed to fulfil promises to bring high speed internet access to all. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2010 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Internet Regulate

The Devil Is In The Details: Department of Howeland Security Monitoring Web :

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano said that in the future there will be "increased" Internet monitoring ofyou.S. Citizens due to the dangers of homegrown terrorism. Napolitano remarked on how "wrong" it is to believe that if "security" is embraced, that liberty will be sacrificed. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 26th May, 2011 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Regulate The Internet

Companies warn on Internet rules at e-G8

Google Inc Chairman Eric Schmidt and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg warned governments to tread lightly on Internet regulation because moves to tame its rough edges risked hurting its virtues. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Regulate The Internet
A Friend

Regulate Internet

For anyone who has somehow missed it, there is an upcoming vote by the FCC to utterly gut the United States' net neutrality rules on December 14th. At present, it looks like the vote will pass.

What does this mean? Among other things, it means that ISPs get to decide what their customers see, how fast their connection to a particular site is, and whether or not seeing it will cost them extra.

Among the more likely scenarios is for USA ISPs to start charging websites a fee to continue to be accessible by their customers, and/or for their connection to said customers to not be artificially slowed down. It is more than probable that this would be used as a tool to create effective monopolies, driving some websites out of business in favor of others.

It is entirely possible that in a few months I suddenly won't be able to access this site any more, if JB refuses to knuckle under to what amounts to extortion. I don't actually expect things to go that far, but the fact that I may soon have to trust these corporations to not screw me over for the sake of their bottom line is an atrocious scenario to begin with.

And then there are the ethical and social implications of granting ANYONE the power to determine what information people have access to. This mess is the digital age equivalent of watching people build bonfires outside of libraries, while a really oily guy tries to assure people that they'll only burn the books that really deserve it.

5th Dec, 2017 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Regulate Internet Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Dang those control freaks. I don't see this going anywhere, its going to be us or them and we are the majority and we shouldn't accept this kind of control. This isn't China!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Regulate The Internet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,