What's The Best Way To Leave A Role-playing Game?

What' S Leave Role-playing Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 10:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Let's say you need to leave a role-playing game where you have a major character because something unexpectedly came up or you cannot stay for the allotted time, what would be the best way to leave the game without spoiling it for everyone?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-playing Leave Way The Whats

The best way I have seen is to retire your character for a short time. Have them go take care of a personal matter or quest they need to do that way it is always possible to bring the character back into the game if you so desire.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2017 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What's The Best Way To Leave A Role-playing Game? Reviews RPG & Card Board

If in an awkward position for the character to just up and go do something else, I'd suggest giving the Dungeon Master the reins for a bit. The character is still there, if perhaps not as forward as normal, then departs for whatever else is pulling him off when an opening occurs.

Of course, there is always the possibility of just having him killed off. Character death is always good RP fuel, especially if the GM is given enough of a heads up to work it into the story.

Post Date: 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Name: Hobgoblin

Comments: If you are going to leave then at least give some time. Something like, 'I need to leave in the next half hour' is cool enough to prepare everyone. Of course if you just got a phone call that someone died and you have to leave right away then no need to wait. Even with that said I think most people just lose track of time and then try to run at the last minute which isn't fair to everyone else.

22nd Sep, 2018 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Send a private not to the Dungeon Master so he makes something happen in the game to make it look like part of a chain of unfortunate events that ends or sends away your character and not that you actually have to leave in real life. Good way to avoid those moments when everyone is upset with you for not getting your schedule straight.

> TOPIC: What's The Best Way To Leave A Role-playing Game?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,