Best Age To Start Being A Dungeon Master

Best Age Start Dungeon Master - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 17th Dec, 2017 - 7:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2017 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

What's the best age to start the role of Dungeon Master where you have the maturity and the skills to run an interesting campaign for adults?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2017 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Master Dungeon Being Start Age Best

If you are going to be playing with adults you best be an adult yourself unless of course the adults have never played and Dungeons & Dragons games. Otherwise you will find yourself trying to justify your actions against those who are knowledgeable in the rules and questioning you a lot.

17th Dec, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Best Age To Start Being A Dungeon Master Reviews RPG & Card Board

Speaking generally I would be suspicious of anyone under 17 wanting to run a game. Not that someone under 17 couldnt but they would need to be exceptional in both rules of play and the ability to keep older players entertained.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I won't name a number. Because numbers are irrelevant. Dungeon Mastering is a matter of consistency, creativity, and reasoning. While older people are somewhat more likely to have developed some of those qualities, I've known forty year olds who would make worse Dungeon Masters than my 7 year old nephew.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Dec, 2017 - 6:40pm

17th Dec, 2017 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Key element is experience and knowledge. Sometimes players want to do things that aren't typical, maybe scientific or engineering wise and if you aren't on top of what they are trying to accomplish then they can take you for a ride.

17th Dec, 2017 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

I will go brave and say that I like someone 35 and older as Dungeon Master, if they are older even better. If they have a beard and glasses even better- it feels authentic. *laugh*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2017 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Best Age Start Being Dungeon Master

I think that any age is okay to be a Dungeon Master, as long as you have the knowledge and maturity to run a game. Typically though the age should be in the same category as the players or older, so that respect and cooperation with the Dungeon Master is there and play is enjoyed by all involved.

> TOPIC: Best Age To Start Being A Dungeon Master

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,