A Split Party In A Role-playing Game

A Split Party Role-playing Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6.5 Days Ago

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 8 44 108 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2017 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

As a Dungeon Master or Party Leader, how do you handle a party that is decisively split against itself so that some players insist on doing different things thus causing friction in the game?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2017 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,015
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 15,504.91 FP
Charm: 350

Game Role-playing In Party Split A

That all depends on the reason and the split. Usually I would let them split apart and then have things hit them so they understand the power in numbers.

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,070
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.9%
[+] Gain: 83.93 FP
Charm: 60

A Split Party In A Role-playing Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

I've experienced that a couple of times even in big K's game. It happens for a number of reasons. One reason could be simply role-playing your character. I like to play my character feisty so she does not tend to follow orders easily. The other is a part of the group thinks a certain action is too much risk so they break to save some of the others rather than everyone dies.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 311
Avg: 9.2 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 63.85 FP
Charm: 28

A split is bound to happen when character personalities are at odds with a chosen path. The split can be major or minor but good players usually work it out. If the party can’t come to a conclusion, you as Dungeon Master have to step in and play both chosen paths to a sensible and plot-aiding conclusion. That usually brings the group together.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,015
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 15,504.91 FP
Charm: 350

As my favorite dragon always tell me Split them up and kill them all The ones in armor is the best he says Crunchy on the outside chewy on the inside *smile*

I let the characters decide what they are going to do. If they wish to go two separate direction go ahead I can still get them towards the common goal even it from two different direction or styles.

Post Date: 6.5 Days Ago / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 161
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.2%
[+] Gain: 203.58 FP
Charm: 3

This is where the term "Leader" and "Master" come in so they aren't just figure titles. Good leadership often has compromise or middle ground with a little give and take on both sides.

Guest please SHARE: "A Split Party In A Role-playing Game" on:

Sponsored Links:

Do you have any A Split Party In A Role-playing Game Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: A Split Party In A Role-playing Game

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

RPG Info

Latest Game Topics

Highlights

Players Waiting On Players Syndrome: As a Player you can take the initiative in a game, do not be shy. By Gknightbc 6.5 Days Ago
RPG Etiquette: Do you think there should be a standard, is there a standard? By play by post 22nd Dec, 2017 - 7:40pm
Text RPG Character Creator: This custom program is the foundation of how all the RPGs function here. By JB 23rd Sep, 2017 - 8:32pm
What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?: When you come here to role-play what are you expecting from the game? By KNtoran 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:16am
Can One Player And A Game Master Carry A Game?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By OrkSlobber 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:28am
Looking For Committed Game Masters For JB's Boards: If you are a committed Game Master then you might like to share your skills! By JB 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:16pm
Debate: Play By Post vs Table Top Rpgs: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 9th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm
Text RPG Creator Character Switching: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 14th Apr, 2016 - 11:47am
Over Reliance On The Game Master To Have Fun: The Game Master only creates the setting, you decide how to have fun in it! By Krusten 8th Apr, 2016 - 11:41pm
Dependable RPG Players: When you go to war do you want a fellow soldier or flaker on your side? By JB 6th Jan, 2016 - 10:10pm

Updated every: 59 minutes