Mother!

Mother! - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 7th Jan, 2018 - 10:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  Mother! 2010s
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2018 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Mother!

Mother! movie reviews and rating. What is your review for the entertainment value of the movie called, "Mother!"?

Mother!
Mother! (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2018 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Mother

A couple's relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence. Directed by Darren Aronofsky. Written by: Darren Aronofsky and Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris.

7th Jan, 2018 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Mother! Sports & Fashion Music Movies

This movie can bring up a mix of emotions. Its either you will hate it or love it for the artistic masterpiece that is "Mother!" There are lots of symbols, dualistic meanings hidden and bare between the intrigue and drama.

* Spoiler *

There are many things to discuss but here are some of my own notes:

* Although the film seems to surround the hardship of the character of Jennifer Lawrence it really is about the Poet, played by Javier Bardem. As he rightly says, it is his world and what he does. He has a joy in repeating the life and death cycle probably because of the first time it happened when he was younger.

* Notice that "Mother" became gradually sickly when things did not go right and more especially when she was upset by the way her husband treated her. Her cure was a yellow powder vial mixed with water. That powder was coloring that she added to the paste in decorating the house.

* This movie was a conflict between trying to make a 'perfect' home, seeing her husband happy and the fact that none of what she wanted could be realized because the Poet was more interested in praise and highlight from others. Keep in mind we do not know how many times this has been done over and over again.

What were your thoughts about the film?

Update: Pandora gave me this link: Source 7c which goes through a vivid explanation and makes the claim that the whole movie was based on Genesis and the creation period. Makes sense if you look at it like that.

Below was supposed to be the original teaser poster but seems a bit graphic.

Mother!
Mother! (Hover)

7th Jan, 2018 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Mother

I mostly watched Mother! Because Jennifer Lawrence was in it. At first I thought the plot was weak and easy to detect but then started to get more and more strange to the point that I was like what the heck is going on in this movie! That explanation that Pandora gave you JB sounds really accurate and now I can understand it better because I was still wondering if it was just a fantasy curse of a man reliving a dream or something.

> TOPIC: Mother!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,