Lucky Or Unlucky Dice Rolls Ruining A Game?

Lucky Unlucky Dice Rolls Ruining Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Feb, 2018 - 12:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

4th Feb, 2018 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

What about the case of a game that has most of the party making either really bad rolls all the time or really good rolls all the time could this lead to a really boring outcome or take away the enthusiasm to play? How would a Dungeon Master cater for that, just kill the party and start over in the case of a party that was always unlucky?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2018 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Ruining Rolls Dice Unlucky Lucky

It could, if it remained consistent. I have found though that it tends to balance out in time. Luck is a fickle thing.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2018 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lucky Or Unlucky Dice Rolls Ruining A Game? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I've actually been surprised by the RNG is this game. Almost too often the rolls are either all too low, or all too high, or the exact same base number two or three times in a row. I'm not sure of the randomness in this system.

4th Feb, 2018 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

In my last game here I was pretty lucky with rolls most of the time but not all of the time. I'm confident the Dungeon Master was also surprised at the speed we took down some of his best monsters but it didn't make the game boring it made us too over confident until we could have died. I think if we were genuinely unlucky we would be rolling up often.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2018 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I've questioned the randomness of the RNG as well. I've seen things with it that I just don't see with dice. I haven't seen bad rolls ruin a game. I have had unlucky characters that it just destroyed the enjoyment of playing them. When it seems as if the character is cursed and just rolls consistently low the whole game it is incredibly frustrating.

15th Feb, 2018 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

I've never experienced someone rolling all good or all bad for the entire game. Usually there is a rolling streak and then it goes back to normal like the one poster above said.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Lucky Or Unlucky Dice Rolls Ruining A Game?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,