Japanese Invading Australia During World War Two

Japanese Invading Australia World War Two - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Feb, 2018 - 12:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

WW2 - WWII
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2018 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Japanese Invading Australia During World War Two

Did the Japanese plan to invade Australia or were they not able to because of limited resources?

Sponsored Links:
12th Feb, 2018 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Two War World Australia Invading Japanese

The Japanese certainly had an interest in doing so. The most famous is an instance of 3 tiny Japanese submarines attacking Sydney Harbor, 2 of which were destroyed. Source 5t

There are also many other tales, a couple of which have been verified to the true. Source 2b However it's hard to tell which is real and which is fake without official support and every year more and more veterans die without their stories being recorded by historians.

One such story is an older gentleman I met on the train wearing the WW2 service ribbon and I believe (Though my memory may be hazy) a green, yellow, red ribbon - possibly the Pacific Star ribbon. He claimed that he was repelling a Japanese landing in Western Australia as a rifleman in an APC with a narrow slit in it - possibly a Kangaroo. If I'd known the significance of this event I would've asked the man's name, but I was too young to know.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

> TOPIC: Japanese Invading Australia During World War Two

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,