Ever Owned A Goldfish?

Ever Owned Goldfish - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Aug, 2017 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Top  Ever Owned Goldfish Goldfish general Discussion.
5th Aug, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Ever Owned A Goldfish?

Ever Owned A Goldfish?

A goldfish is considered one of the simplest starting pets for everyone. Have you ever owned one? I have, and I find them too delicate and quick to get a disease / die and thus prefer other variety and kinds of fish.

A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds, probably that is why they can exist in the same bowl and think they are in a new place.

Ever Owned A Goldfish?
Ever Owned A Goldfish? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2006 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Ever Owned A Goldfish?
A Friend

Goldfish Owned Ever

Yes, I had a couple when I was young and they went belly up after a couple months. Then in college, my roommate and I got a couple and they lasted about a semester.

5th Aug, 2006 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Ever Owned A Goldfish? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I wonder what is the reason for their low survival rate when they are kept as pets?

6th Aug, 2006 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Goldfish Owned Ever

I don't think that Goldfish survive very long as household pets due to there not being in the right setting or environment for a cold water fish.Most Goldfish bowls are quite small, and I don't think that they can contain the right amount of minerals in the water.
I can only say that a couple of times we had Goldfish in a Goldfish bowl, and they didn't survive longer than a couple of months.
We then had one Goldfish left, but also a large fish tank full of tropical fish. We were talking to the man at the pet shop, who informed us that if it was done properly, the Goldfish could be transferred into the tank of tropical fish. We had to put the goldfish in a bag of water, and leave it to float at the top of the tropical tank for 40 minutes, so that it could adjust to going into warmer water. We followed the advice, and I can tell you, that this goldfish lived for 4 years!
So I believe they can live a long time, if they are in the right environment, (all the other fish were fine with it too) so it worked out well!

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2006 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

Ever Owned A Goldfish?
A Friend

Goldfish Owned Ever

I didn't know that gold fish didn't live that long. I had three growing up. My first died within a couple months, my fault. Apparently fish have to eat. The second one died when I was eight. I was with the babysitter and when she was on the phone, I took the gold fish out side for some fresh air. I set the bowl on the railing and it fell, fish and all. It was sad. My third one I had when I was nine. That one lived at least until three years. I don't remember when it died, but I have it in one of my pictures of my twelfth birthday and in a couple earlier ones.

23rd Jul, 2008 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Ever Owned A Goldfish?

Shame on all you fish killers! What on earth did you do to your small fishy friends. A gold fish should live long and be easy to tend to. I have no Idea why your success was so low. My longest kept fish was Dorthy it actually belong to my oldest boy and died last week at a young age of 10 years it was very large as well.

Gold fish do not need the cleanest water but do need cool water. They do poor in hot water 75 plus as they are a cold water fish, also over feeding can knock then off fast.

We had three to start on the last round and Dorthy at Tutu and Toto, this is not unusual.

I had gold fish growig up and they averaged 3 to 5 years in small bowls. Dorthy had a 5 galllon tank then was added to our 150 gallon tank where she lived with an oscar named Oscar for 4 years. Her other room mates were 7 Cichilids a cray fish 2 bottom feeders a snail and 2 tinfoil fish.

The big issue with bowls is low oxygen levels so change out water but ensure it is chlorinated and such. Dorthy also had a hot dog fetish thanks to our youngest boy. It was always a race to see if Oscar would get it before her.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ever Owned Goldfish

How goldfish make alcohol to survive without oxygen. Scientists have uncovered the secret behind a goldfish's remarkable ability to produce alcohol as a way of surviving harsh winters beneath frozen lakes. Source 1q.

12th Aug, 2017 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Ever Owned Goldfish Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

The poster above news is correct. Most of the deaths is because they aren't put into the correct environment to live its like putting someone in prison with no food, they will die at some point. I did find it interesting that they produce their own alcohol to stay warm, who would of thought!?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ever Owned A Goldfish?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,