Do Trees Sleep?

Do Trees Sleep - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 21st Apr, 2018 - 7:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Plants sleeping
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Do Trees Sleep?

Trees are not as 'sound asleep' as you may think. High-precision three-dimensional surveying of 21 different species of trees has revealed a yet unknown cycle of subtle canopy movement during the night. The 'sleep cycles' differed from one species to another. Detection of anomalies in overnight movement could become a future diagnostic tool to reveal stress or disease in crops. Source 6p.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Do Trees Sleep?
A Friend

Sleep Trees Do

I think many trees hibernate some during the winter months as their activities and growth rate slows down after shedding their leaves before warmer temps wake them up in the spring to grow new leaves and provide us with needed oxygen.

21st Apr, 2018 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Do Trees Sleep? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I have to agree with KNtoran. I believe that even the evergreens have a sleep cycle as well for I have seen dropped needles and "Fruit" on the ground. Each tree is unique in its own way and has a different cycle it goes through to remove old growth and make way for the new. Most humans only see this from the outside and dislike what it does to our lawns. Even though I feel the fallen leaves are Natures blanket to protect the ground for the coming winter months.

> TOPIC: Do Trees Sleep?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,