Hunting as a Sport?

Hunting Sport - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 5th Aug, 2003 - 4:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  Hunting as Sport Big game trophy hunting
17th Mar, 2003 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?

Do you think it is right to hunt animals just for sport? We are not talking about hunting for food which is the natural order of things but just for sport. I can even add that using the excuse of hunting for food when you do not need it so that you can get 'pleasure' in the hunt.

Image from Wikipedia public domain

Hunting as a Sport?
Hunting as a Sport? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2003 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Sport as Hunting

This is going to surprise you.

No, I do not!

I grew up hunting, and for many years it was a way of life. But somewhere along the line it dawned on me that killing for "sport" was what I would call "evil".

To kill for pleasure? What a reprehensible concept.!

What brought me to that conclusion was, one winter I was tracking a deer and managed to stalk her to where she had bedded down.

I got fairly close before she heard me and stood up. I froze, so she didn't see me at first. Then she turned and we looked each other in the eye.

I simply could not bring myself to kill her, went back home and have never gone hunting again.

17th Mar, 2003 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Sport? No way! I think it's a terrible thing IF you're not doing it for a need of food. Some people excuse themselves that they eat the meat after and when you open their fridges they have so much food! It makes me sick! Others say that for instance they're too many deer in the US at a certain type that need to get rid of Hmmm I'm wonder if they think we should get rid of Chinese people too, after all there are billions of them too! Are we all nuts of what?!
Hunting for placer is MURDER!

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2003 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Sport as Hunting

I don't think hunting for sport is right.  It's cruel.  Where I live there are many people that hunt for sport and display some as trophies, which just really grosses me out.  It would be different if people would just hunt for food, when they needed it, but many do not.  They even have these 'hunting clubs' where it's like a contest to get the bigger, better kill.  I think they should put a stop to it, but of course like LDS said, they use the excuse that there are too many of them and need to get rid of them.  If there is that many of, take deer for an example, in a particular area, why not move the animals to an animal preservation or another area that doesn't have that many?  But that's probably the excuse these people use to make themselves feel better about hunting these animals for sport.

Back in the old days, the pioneers almost wiped out the buffalo with all their hunting for just parts of the animal or for the thrill of the hunt.  Unlike the Native Americans that hunted the buffalo for food, but they used all of the animal they hunted not just part of it.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2003 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Sport as Hunting

Hunting for sport  that sucks to hunt for the need of food that i can understand i use to hunt when i was (younger 39) i did some stupid things that im not proud of  at that time i had 5 pistols and 5 rifles i had enough wepons to start a small up riseing then one day for no reason at all i took all my wepons  traded the rifles for cash traded the pistols for a 35mm camera and now i still hunt and i still shoot the game but i dont hurt them anymore

2nd Aug, 2003 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?

and now i still hunt and i still shoot the game but i dont hurt them anymore

Max, what you mean by you still shooting but you don't hurt them anymore?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2003 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Hunting as Sport

No hunting as a sport noooo way that isnt right at all if you hunt it should be for food. and you shoudnt just go out and kill animals for fun and just leave it out there and go to waste all ways keep it for the food....

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Hunting as a Sport?
A Friend

Hunting as Sport Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I agree Shady.  Hunting as a sport is wrong.  It should never be classified as a sport.  It is sad that some people just hunt to get trophies or to mount these poor animals for show and tell.  :(

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Hunting as a Sport?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,