Mental Illness In Soldiers

Mental Illness Soldiers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Jul, 2010 - 3:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Mental Illness In Soldiers
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2007 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

STUDY: THOUSANDS OF VETERANS RETURN WITH MENTAL ILLNESS

Nearly a third of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan who received care from Veterans Affairs between 2001 and 2005 were diagnosed with mental health or psychosocial ills, a new study concludes.
Ref. Source 1

Mental Illness In Soldiers (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2010 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Soldiers Illness Mental

Mental Illness Increases For U.S. Troops:

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are taking a toll on minds as well as bodies, statistics released by the U.S. Army indicate. The Army said the number of U.S. Soldiers forced to leave the military because of mental disorders increased by 64 percent from 2005 to 2009, USA Today reported Friday. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2010 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mental Illness In Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

When your facing death and destruction in a place far from home as a young man or woman you change. Some people can deal with this change and others can not. I know quite a few mentally ill veterans who just could not deal with some of the things they had to do. While they say they do not regret what they did and would do it again they just can not deal with it. As time goes on they get better especially with some help and talking to others who have seen some of the same things they have faced. People just do not understand if they have not experienced it. I can see this as being a problem until we no longer have troops facing combat.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2010 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Soldiers Illness Mental

Name: John

Comments: Is there a way you can know if you will lose it over there before you go? They should test the guys to see if they can handle the stress before sending them.

25th Jul, 2010 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Soldiers Illness Mental

I am pretty sure when the soldiers are going threw boot camp they are exposed to graphics. My dad said he had to watch a video with death in it and was shown the proper way to off yourself if your captured. If you have any self mutilation history you are not allowed in.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

25th Jul, 2010 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Each soldier has a file and goes through an evaluation. Nothing can prepare you for war. Preparing for it might help but if you're not already functioning upstairs you're going to break like a twig.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jul, 2010 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Mental Illness Soldiers

Post-traumatic syndrome can happen to anyone. To someone who was strong through their psych evaluation and is a very capable young man or woman. What they are exposed to would test the most gung-ho and strong willed mind. These findings are not all that surprising. I am just glad that it is recognised, because these men and women deserve help when they return from their duties.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2010 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mental Illness Soldiers Politics Business Civil & History

I wish there was a way of testing those in the military to see if the would break under some of the things they will see in combat. I know the mind can be a very tricky place and watching a graphic film is no where even close to the actual being there. I saw some of those graphic movies while I was in the military. They pale in comparison to the actual physically being in combat. Did the films effect me? No they did not. Did actual combat effect me? Yes it did and now I am suffering from PTSD. Can I function in society? I think I can.

No one I have known has ever been able to prepare themselves for war and the side effects it can produce. All I know is that every one is effected differently. All their loved ones need to understand this and be ready for almost anything. Because until you know how he or she was effected you can not help them. And if they internalize it all you better seek help quickly for them because they will break and it will not be pretty.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mental Illness In Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,