Do Video Games Make You Fat?

Do Video Games Fat - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 19th May, 2022 - 12:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2019 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Do video games drive obesity? Are children, teenagers and adults who spend a lot of time playing video games really more obese? A meta study has looked into this question. The cliché is true -- but only for adults. Source 1i.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2019 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fat You Games Video Do

Interesting, I would think that it could also be linked to depression in adults as much as video games.

7th Oct, 2019 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Do Video Games Make You Fat? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I think the correct question to ask if whether lack of sports causes obesity. If I would play video games while doing workout and eating a healthy diet, then I assume I will become obese.

26th Nov, 2019 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Fat You Games Video Do

Honestly, I see obesity among gamers and adults has more to do simply with diet and eating habits with the lack of exercise. That video games don't "Make" you fat, it is other life choices that do.

Thankfully the article seems to acknowledges there is no link for such, or at least not much, and especially with children and teens. Though guess that can make sense, because it is easier to burn fat and calories when we are younger, while holding onto such more after we become adults.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Nov, 2019 - 1:21am

26th Nov, 2019 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Fat You Games Video Do

Games make you sit down more to play them for hours and hours so when you do get up to do something else you're really hungry and pig out.

26th Nov, 2019 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Still, as long as that is not all we are doing and still keeping an active lifestyle, not eating a bunch of junk food, I don't feel video games along can lead to people becoming overweight.

I mean yes, it is a stereotype gamers being overweight or even obese, and like all such examples there is fair enough truth to such in many cases, but again that is from living a more unhealthy lifestyle overall. Poor dieting and hygiene, with the lack of exercise.

Just as there are overweight/obese gamers there are also skinny gamers. With many factors playing into why people are on one side or another, and many times in between.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Dec, 2019 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Do Video Games You Fat

I believe it does. Because when you play video games, atleast for myself I get sucked in for hours and hours. There has been times when I've went on 48 hour + benders, with only drinking soda and eating. If you become addicted which I feel is easily done, then yes weight gain can be a part of gaming.

Post Date: 19th May, 2022 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Video Games You Fat Computer Issues & Video Gaming

No, not really, I think it's what you eat that makes you fat, and the fact that if you just play games all day long and you don't get enough exercise is another reason.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Do Video Games Make You Fat?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,