Faolan the Ranger

Faolan Ranger - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 7th Jun, 2018 - 11:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 491
23rd May, 2018 - 12:25am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Mephis
(+)

Faolan the Ranger

Faolan is the name chosen by my father and given to me by my mother. Not that I give too much thought to this words do have power, but this power is only as strong as one allows them to be. And yet… Little Wolf, such an appropriate name.

Six feet tall, long black hair and unruly beard though I do try to keep it as tame as it allows me. Eyes dark as coal, with faint glimmer of my other's green. Light skin that tends to get a copper glow under the Summer Sun. Hands that have done and are not afraid of hard work.

I tend to be calm and reserved in others company, but it is in the wilderness I loose myself. Or rather, find myself.

My childhood has been spent between house chores, reading and learning as much as I can about the world and spending every moment of free time chasing wild animals, climbing ancient trees and ragged cliffs and diving into ice cold lakes. The wilderness is where I feel most alive. The feel of wind in my face, branches and thorns brushing and breaking through my skin, the ice cold of the river in my body.

This has led some people to call me Faolan, the Ranger. It seems fitting, and so I have embraced it myself.

But I have also discovered that I can loose myself within stories stories about Lords and Thieves, Holy Men and Sinners, Brawlers and Wizards - even if they do not live anywhere else but my mind. One can learn much about stories and everyone you encounter always has one to tell.

Everyone believes in something and Belief has the power to shape Reality. If one is aware of this, one could even be a Ruler of Kings. But me? I am more interested in simply learning the most I can. Thus, I shall be able to craft my own path.

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2018 - 1:21am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Mephis
(+)

Ranger Faolan

Advisor Description

A star packed sky barely illuminated the streets of the Town as I stepped out of the firelit tavern. As the door closed behind me, muffled drunken laughter and cheering filled a chilly Spring night. It had just been a few hours, but I already felt the effect of the big city within me. Estranged by the lack of the wilderness, close companion throughout all of my life, I sat down on a stone wall.

'I sense sadness within you. Sadness and a deep longing.'

Startled, I jumped to my feet. I felt ashamed for not having noticed someone approaching. A figure dressed all in black appeared out of the shadows. Blue eyes seemed to pierce from the darkness, right through my soul. As the dark figure put her hood back, long golden locks fell to its waist. She was a tall, slender woman, probably about my height. She was clearly of High Birth, but that never interested me. It was her eyes that got me. Blue eyes, still watching me. They were cunning and full of intelligence and strength, but nonetheless they were kind. I could tell she was studying me.

'I am Faolan,' was all I could say.

'You can call me Branwen,' she said with a smile. 'You miss the forest. The hills and rivers. I can see that.'

I sighed. I did. How she knew I could not say, but in that moment I did not question it.
'I miss Life, the heartbeat of the forest, the singing of the river. I look around and everything feels dead and stale.' It was all I could say.

Branwen smiled.

'Don't just look. See.'

I took a few steps, inhaled the freshness of the air and let me eyes scan my surroundings. Countless starts in a moonless sky above me, a white cat jumping off a rooftop as it chased down a fat rat, a green shoot of a flower-to-be breaking through a crack on the wall. Wilderness was all around me, it had just changed in nature.

'Branwen'

As I turned towards her, she was gone. But that would not be the last I would see of her and, soon enough, she would be a constant in my life. My North Star.

Branwen can be harsh, but nonetheless she is always fair, and kind. She never explained why she took an interest in me, but somehow I trust her

'Perhaps you remind me of whom I could have been.
Perhaps I expect to gain something from you.
Perhaps I just like you,' she will say.

And then, Branwen will simply smile.

23rd May, 2018 - 1:36am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Mephis
(+)

Faolan the Ranger Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

The Beauty of Lady Fluke

Lips,
Tinted red,
One single smile
And they could kill.

Bewitched
By fierce green eyes.
Let their gaze upon ye,
Ensnare ye they will.

Bards and Poets of the world
Say yer praises and sing,
For the beauty of Lady Fluke
Is greater than any Emperor or King.

24th May, 2018 - 1:46am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Mephis
(+)

Ranger Faolan

Familiar Description

Eirlys is a wolf shaped Familiar, fur white as snow. She is fairly larger than an average wolf. More resembling a Dire Wolf, really. Her eyes are of a rich purple, though they seem to change as light dances in them. She is quiet and patient. A mostly calm and silent presence when she manifests, but within her outer calm and gentle nature lies fierce strength. Together we are a pack of two. All I need to do is to call her name within my mind and she will appear. That is how we seem to communicate for the most part, even though she does like to playfully growl or howl to the sky on the rare moments we run freely through the wild together.

24th May, 2018 - 10:41am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Mephis
(+)

Ranger Faolan

Gaspode the War Dog joins the Adventure Party of Faolan

When I first saw Gaspode I didn't think much of him. Medium sized, not as much weight as one would expect from a War Dog. Not much to see, really. But oh, if there wasn't more than meets the eye? You see, Gaspode was found in the wilderness when young, abandoned perhaps by his human. Or perhaps his human found a worse fate. You need to toughen up, if you are to survive out there. Gaspode is nore than simply strong,he his skillful and resourceful, but often more important in combat.

7th Jun, 2018 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Mephis
(+)

Faolan the Ranger

The last Elixir drop was gone. My salvation was so close, yet... so distant. I started on a gallop, as the life in me was weak and getting weaker. From the corner of my eye I saw it - the Beast that would take my last breath from me. I turned around, trying to inflict a surprise attack that would perhaps be my salvation, but it teared right through my skin, crimson slime spurting out as I struggled for air, blood filling my lungs. It was too late.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Faolan the Ranger

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,