How Do You Help Someone That Wants To Commit Suicide?

How Commit Suicide - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Dec, 2022 - 9:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2018 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Suicide: How You Can Make a Difference. The recent deaths of high-profile public figures and a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report on increasing suicide rates have brought the topic of suicide into everyday conversations. It’s important to know some facts and to know what to do if you think someone might be at risk for self-harm. A crisis can pass with time and the most important thing is to stay safe through the crisis and get help. Source 9u.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2018 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Suicide Commit Wants Someone You How

Any time someone wants to kill themselves and you have a chance to talk to them, listen to what they have to say and tell them thatthey mean something to others and they would be missed if something happened to them. If you are unsure just how to help them get some others that care about them over to help talk to them or help them go to a clinic where they can get the help they need. Do not leave them alone. Do not think they will be ok just because they say so. If you can not stay get someone to come be with them.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Do You Help Someone That Wants To Commit Suicide? Health & Special Psychology

I would personally be there to love them, and to show them just what our friend KNdoran said. Get them the help they need and absolutely do not leave them alone for even a second. It breaks my heart that so many poor souls feel their only choice is to end their lives because this is simply not true. They have people who love them, they have people who care and they also have people and places that can help them get through what ever they're going through. No issue is ever that severe that you need to end everything. I also find it frightening that even high profile public figures are ending their own lives. Robin Williams is a good example. You'd have never have guessed that he was as unhappy as he was when they announced on the news that he had committed suicide. He was always cheerful and was always looking for ways to make even children laugh and be happy. I'm only sorry that noone got to talk to him and try to help him through his situation.

18th Nov, 2018 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Last month I learned that a old gaming buddy of mine shot himself.
He was a veteran and had been stationed in Korea, Afghanistan and a few other locations in the middle east.

I met him after his service through his sister, an ex of mine. He joined our gaming group on Sunday nights and though his sister and I split and she left the game, he hung around.

He was socially awkward and as we sat around sharing anecdotes, his responses and anecdotes were always way off topic and really random compared to where everyone else's conversations were headed.

Because of this he often was quiet due to our jesting. When he did go off on a rant he was always very passionate.

I got the word from my former Dungeon Master about his suicide early Monday morning. He had left the game Sunday evening, his birthday, and had been his usual self. Smiling, joking around and laughing. He went home and stuck his. 45 into his mouth and ended his life.

It shocked everyone close to him but me. I distinctly remember not being surprised, which left me with many questions.

What if we had been less critical of his off subject comments and anecdotes? If he had felt like he fit in more would he have spoken to someone? Did we just further isolate him?

He had spoken about how hard it had been to adjust to civilian life after his service. Were these comments warning signs we didn't pick up on?

Was there anything we could have done?
So sad, such a waste.

19th Nov, 2018 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

That is really unfortunate and my sympathies to you. I have never served in the military but from seeing others who have it looks like its not for everyone. Some experiences differ depending on what you have seen or been through but for sure all our veterans deserve help when they need it.

As for helping someone who might be thinking about suicide the best thing we can do is take it seriously and try to get them help but most of all you can be a good listener because like you said sometimes they are ignored and isolated given them further 'reasoning' to commit the act.

22nd Nov, 2018 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A very important list to have, thank you. With so many high profile deaths on the news, this suggests more risk for those watching. Underlined the importance of staying connected with friends and family so that you can see the signs.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Sep, 2021 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

How You Someone Wants Commit Suicide

I would give them the help they need. I would not leave there side until they get help. I would tell them that they are important to me and the family. I am a very patient with the person.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2022 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How You Someone Wants Commit Suicide Psychology Special & Health

Helping a person who wants to commit suicide can be complicated, depending on the situation and what kind of person they are. If you are a person who started out in a low mood and then became severe depression. All of this makes it so that someone desperate for the situation, tries to take refuge in drugs and alcohol, making the problem bigger and even committing suicide.

> TOPIC: How Do You Help Someone That Wants To Commit Suicide?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,