Fully Autonomous Vehicles And The Totally Blind

Fully Autonomous Vehicles Totally Blind - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Jun, 2018 - 1:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hello everyone, I thought this would be the perfect forum on which to post my thoughts and feelings on autonomous vehicles and what sorts of wonderful doors they're going to open up for both we as the blindness community as well as everyone else with disabilities. I first of all can not tell you just how excited I am about these vehicles comeing to fruition because once they reach level 5, and even now that they're level 4 which means that all aspects of the driving are handled by the vehicle itself but only in a pre-planned route. This is wonderful for local self-driving taxis and other things, but our holy grail is for autonomous vehicles to reach level 5 autonomy. Level 5 autonomy is where all aspects of the driving are handled by the vehicle on any road, anywhere at any time and during any kind of weather. Google is currently working extremely hard on all of this and will launch their Waymo self-driving transportation service later on this fall. That's right, in the fall of this year, you're going to be able to hail a fully autonomous Waymo van and it'll take you anywhere you'd like to go in its route. A totally blind person will even be able to use these cars to their fullest with such features as brailled physical start ride and pull over buttons inside the car as well as on Waymo's app, and you'll also be able to verbally communicate with the vehicle and vice versa. The vehicle will be able to communicate what's going on and you'll even be able to press a call button to get in direct contact with the waymo team to ask for assistance on how to do something and you can even text chat with them through the waymo app. The app will also work on both the android and apple iPhone platforms and will be fully compatible with voiceover and talk back which are the screenreaders on the android and iPhone devices. I sincerely hope you enjoy reading my thread and I look forward to hearing your feedback. I can't wait to see these things become reality.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Blind Totally The Vehicles Autonomous Fully

I think that having level 5 autonomous vehicles is the way to our future. I believe that this will make the roadways safer as over 95% of all accidents are currently caused by human error. I feel that taking the human equation out of the vehicle can mean more vehicles on the road safer, and less accidents. I can see insurance companies charging a much higher rate for humans that wish to drive than those of fully operational driver-less vehicles.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2018 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fully Autonomous Vehicles And The Totally Blind Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Hi there Kntoran, I could not agree with you more my friend, you hit it right out of the park with that reply. I truly believe that while some people are made uneasy by the technology right at the moment because they themselves have yet to use it, I think that once it comes out and is around and in the general public, much like our smart phones we have now, we're not going to be able to imagine our lives without fully autonomous vehicles. And speaking of insurance companies, they're 100 percent behind this technology as well. So yes indeed, I see exactly where you're comeing from and I'll go even farther with your point with regards to the blind and that is, once this technology comes to pass, we'll be able to finally get out of the house and go where we want to go and do what we want without having to rely on public transportation or friends and family to get us from point a to point b. We'll have complete control over our own transportation. I'm really beginning to feel quite at home here in this community and am enjoying having these kinds of discussions and am happy also to see that you folks are so receptive to me. Have a wonderful day my friends and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2018 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Blind Totally The Vehicles Autonomous Fully

Hello there again everyone, this is karate back here again and I just wanted to say that not only am I thrilled that you're all so receptive to me, but also that you've had nothing but positive things to say about all of my postings thus far. That's my goal here to have positive discussions about different topics and this includes fully autonomous vehicles just as this thread is about. With that being said now, I'd like to hear some of your questions. If you've got questions for me about some of my goals and dreams with a fully autonomous vehicle and I'd love to hear what your goals and aspirations are once these come to fruition. Let's have lots of fun with this thread. Have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

> TOPIC: Fully Autonomous Vehicles And The Totally Blind

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,