Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without

Which 5 Senses Live Without - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th May, 2006 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 29th May, 2004 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If you were to lose one of your 5 senses tomorrow. Which one do you think you could live without ? I think I could continue life without my sense of smell. Even though I would miss smelling home cooking. (curry and jerk chicken) biggrin.gif But to lose my sight or hearing , I would be devastated ! I just couldn't imagine not seeing my kids grow up or being able to listen to music. cry.gif I sometimes wonder if they could perform some type of surgery on Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles , so that they can see. Imagine what that would be like for them to see and witness little things in life such as colors , clouds , airplanes , and birds. Or most of all , to see their children for the first time.

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2004 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Without Live You Senses Your One Which

Thats a tough question. If you lost your sense of smell you inadvertently would have a diminished sense of taste as well. I would pick taste, maybe that way I would not eat as much, or often and lose some weight. I could not imagine losing either sight, hearing.

Post Date: 29th May, 2004 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without Health & Special Psychology

You know I think your right. If my sense of smell were to go my taste would go as well. I remember as a kid I would plug my nose when eating vegetables. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: darius on 29th May, 2004 - 4:07am

Post Date: 29th May, 2004 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would much rather loose my hearing. I am already nearly deaf in my left ear and there is a loss of 23% in my right ear. I would miss hearing music. Very much so. I am used to not hearing everything. I do have a hearing aide. But when I am home alone, I don't wear it. It is digital, and it is configured to increase in volume when the noise around me goes down. Such as when I am talking with someone and they lower their voice so as not to be heard by others. My aide will turn itself up until it reachs the pre-programed limits. It will also turn itself off if the noise level suddenly goes up too high. Such as a siren, or microphone screeching, or someone screams in my ear.

Thus when I am home with no music playing, the aide turns itself up and up. Really uses up the battery that way. And those button batteries for hearing aides are not cheap.

I sure wouldn't want to lose my sight totally! With diminished hearing and then to lose my sight. I would be bumbling and stumbling all over the place. The cats would have to travel above ground ~ from chair to sofa to table, etc. Just to be out from under their blind and deaf stumbling owner!? laugh.gif

I just got my taste back, I don't want to lose it again! I quit smoking nearly 7 years ago after smoking for 29 years! Same with my sense of smell. When you smoke you also lose a lot of your sense of smell too.

I don't want to lose my sense of touch. Is the water too hot or too cold, can you feel the glass well enough to hold onto it to drink. Button up the blouse, write a letter, type on the keyboard. Feeding yourself, finger foods, feverish brows. Holding a small, soft hand of an infant. Stroking their tiny perfect feet.

Yep, I'd rather lose my hearing 100%.

Post Date: 29th May, 2004 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If you don't mind me asking ? What happened to your hearing and how much for the hearing aid batteries ?

19th Jun, 2004 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

I already have a poor sense of smell due to sinus and allergy problems so yesh, food doesn't taste as good. But maybe that's why I'm thin. Hmmmmm. So yeah, I'd give up Smell.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th May, 2006 - 8:44am / Post ID: #

Which One Your 5 Senses You Live Without

I would give up my sense of smell. I could stand losing a few pounds. Don't get me wrong, I would miss it. There are so many wonderful smells in the world, and not just food. Not to smell roses or that unique baby smell of a child? That would be awful!

20th May, 2006 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Which One Your 5 Senses You Live Without Psychology Special & Health

There are drawbacks to all of them.

No smell means you can't smell danger, such as a leaking gas valve or smoke from a fire.

No taste means you may not taste something in your food or water that might be hazardous, such as mold.

No hearing would be terrible! My mother and other folks in my family are going deaf, and my grandmother was very deaf for the last 20 years of her life but never had a hearing aid. It's frustrating to try talking to them, and they get frustrated not hearing everything. However, my mother says she sleeps a lot better at night smile.gif

Sight would have to be the worst, and touch a close second.

So if I had to choose, it would be smell, although I won't get to choose with my hearing I'm afraid, because losing it is genetic in my family.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,