Brett Kavanaugh - Page 3 of 7

I believe a supreme court judge should be - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Sep, 2018 - 12:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Top  Brett Kavanaugh Trump nominee as judge for Supreme Court
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2018 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Brett Kavanaugh
A Friend

Brett Kavanaugh - Page 3

Which alone, should be more than enough grounds to pause everything. This is a lifetime position. Once he is in, it is almost impossible to get him out. Because of that, if there is any serious question of a black mark on his record, the only appropriate responses are to either drop him, or investigate until the matter is settled.

In theory, it was set up that way to ensure that justices were not leashed to anyone. They could stay out of politics. The system was not designed for what we have now, a two-party system where one side could force a nomination through in spite of all opposition.

I have to say, I don't find it surprising at all, that the Republicans don't seem to care about the truth of this matter. They want a political majority in the Supreme Court, in this instance that's all they really care about.

All of that aside, I think he just proved himself unworthy of the seat. Even if all allegations against him are entirely false, this man is supposed to be seated on the highest court in this country. The position absolutely demands a very high level of self control and detachment. To put it bluntly, I did not see a judge at that table, I saw a whiny child complaining about being accused of wrongdoing. Spinning out conspiracy theories and attacking the Integrity of his accuser. Instead of making reasonable arguments in his defense.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Sep, 2018 - 8:07pm

Sponsored Links:
28th Sep, 2018 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Kavanaugh Brett

I agree, his demeanor was not impartial and he seemed to be very political in his answers and assumptions that this was the democrats out to get him. That remark about the Clinton's revenge was laughable.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

28th Sep, 2018 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Brett Kavanaugh History & Civil Business Politics

Some are saying that the senator being cornered by those women in the elevator is what led to the vote on condition. The thing is… are we going to have people cornering senators and shouting at them for each issue?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

28th Sep, 2018 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Kavanaugh Brett

I wish these kinds of things would come up when the person is at a lower level. For instance Kavanaugh's bid as a federal judge should of had this brought up and not just because he wanted to be on the supreme court.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 16 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.6%

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2018 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Brett Kavanaugh
A Friend

Kavanaugh Brett

I think that has more to do with the timing of things. Prior to the #metoo movement, the number of such tales that recieved any kind of attention were very very low.

(The following temporarily assumes the accusation is true) So for decades, Ford had no real chance of justice. Then cases like hers suddenly become more socially acknowledged and at roughly the same time her attacker is about to reach a position where he'd be making rulings on laws concerning such matters that could remain in place for decades. I can definitely see how it could go from "I can't do anything" to "I must do something right now."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Sep, 2018 - 8:25pm

28th Sep, 2018 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Brett Kavanaugh

But that is one of the problems that the movement is making - the targeted accused is only important when there is a possibility that they will be either rich or powerful, otherwise there is no need to say anything or accuse anyone.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 16 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.6%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2018 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Brett Kavanaugh - Page 3

Now Trump joins in by ordering an FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh (Which he could have done before) and while he is at it could he order one on himself? rolleyes.gif Oh, but I forget he is already president. Oh well, elections are coming. As for Brett Kavanaugh, I think he is as guilt as sin, but who am I, a no one with an opinion, but I've been watching from the sidelines for a long time and I am seeing an unraveling.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 175 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 17.5%

29th Sep, 2018 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Brett Kavanaugh Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I believe a supreme court judge should be impartial and I do not see this emanating from Judge Brett Kavanaugh. He sounds more like a defense attorney for a criminal than a judge.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Brett Kavanaugh

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,