Halloween Politically Correct

Halloween Politically Correct - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Oct, 2007 - 1:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

?
Poll: Would you allow your son or daughter to dress up in the costume shown within the first message of this Thread?
  Yes       10.53%
  No       89.47%
Total Votes: 19
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Halloween Politically Correct Are there some costumes of characters you just should not wear or are people getting easily offended, what are your thoughts?
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2006 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Would it be Politically Correct for your child to dress up this way for Halloween? Would you personally allow your child to wear such a costume?

Besides above do you think it is good to dress up as Osama Bin Laden or Sadam or other enemy of State?

Halloween Politically Correct (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Oct, 2006 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Correct Politically Halloween

No, I will not allow him to wear that. I think is ridiculous and it has nothing to do with being political correct or not. Terrorists are responsible for the killing of thousands of innocent people around the globe, what is so funny about that? Look at the kid's smile...*shaking head*. But like one of Pres. Bush's favorite phrases, "let's not be mistaken", just as I would not allow this costume I would not allow the costume of ANY type of murderer or bloody-type of costume.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2007 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Halloween Politically Correct History & Civil Business Politics

I also agree that costume is over the edge. Making light of terrorism in any fashion is poor taste.

On the flip side, more often I see adults dress up in costumes that are considered offensive to others. The Pregnant nun is typical. If I were of the Catholic religion- I would find it offensive. I also find people who comically dress up as US Presidents to be in bad taste.

16th Oct, 2007 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

The costume is an outrage. Dressing your kid up like that is outrageous. Finally, just the concept of pretending to be a terrorist with costume bombs to boot shows a weakend mind, on the part of the parents, that has little thought or pity for what goes on in the world.

I also find people who comically dress up as US Presidents to be in bad taste.

I agree whole heartedly.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

16th Oct, 2007 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

That's really disgusting no matter what the occasion!
No way would let my kids dress up like this or anything else in poor taste.
There's certainly nothing funny or entertaining in this as far as I'm concerned!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

18th Oct, 2007 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong on all levels. The sad part of the whole affair is the child's big bright smile - he is obviously being taught that this is OK and acceptable.

Has anyone actually seen any costume like this on sale?

Anyone brave enough to walk in a costume shop and ask if they have a terrorist costume and tell us the reaction? (I will give you a Charisma point if you do).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Oct, 2007 - 7:51am / Post ID: #

shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> There is support the American Soldiers and what they are up against but it is offensive to me for the families who may have lost loved ones this way.

Too over the top! And as noted a few times already the smile on the childs face is as bad as the costume. There is nothing funny about a terrorist and especially when a child is made to think it is okay.

Rather off topic, but...
I remember after 9-11 here in the US the most popular costumes were of fireman and police--because of the example they gave, even some of them giving their very lives.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

20th Oct, 2007 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Halloween Politically Correct Politics Business Civil & History

I wouldnt dress in something like that just like I wouldnt dress up with some kind of gore costume it just seems stupid.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Halloween Politically Correct

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,