RPG Fantasy Setting What Is Missing?

Rpg Fantasy Setting Missing - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2018 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

As a role-player, what do you think is most often missing from the fantasy setting that Dungeon Masters provide?

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2018 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Missing What Setting Fantasy RPG

Lack of detail is usually what's missing so players end up having to ask lots of questions to see what the Dungeon Master is seeing.

14th Jul, 2018 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

RPG Fantasy Setting What Is Missing? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I agree with Gamemaster, that can be a hindrance when playing these types of games because you can miss things and miss out on loot sometimes. The Dungeon Master is only human after all. However, I also feel like too much detail can be a bad thing as well.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2018 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In many cases, fantasy worlds end up being reflections of our own with magic and creatures tossed in. It can be quite difficult to portray characters stemming from what is undoubtedly a wildly different mindset and culture.

7th Sep, 2018 - 9:28am / Post ID: #

Details. Its all in the details. When you limit a scene or background to vague descriptions then two things happen; there is a disconnect between the character and the world they are in and you end up making choices based on assumptions you have to make because there isn't much to go on.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2018 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is why I try to make sure that characters in my world know what is around them and what the weather is like. I know lack of some details can make things a bit harder. Also maps help so they can see what is around them too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

RPG Fantasy Setting What Missing

The fantasy might be missing. Fantasy is a theme but if everything is described in a non-fantastical way its hard to see your character in a fantasy. The adventure you are trying to present might sound more like an online puzzle rather than an interesting world of adventure.

> TOPIC: RPG Fantasy Setting What Is Missing?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,