Joe Biden - Page 2 of 17

Well, you can't say it wasn't - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Sep, 2008 - 5:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »
Politician, US Vice President and President of the USA - Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
26th Aug, 2008 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Joe Biden - Page 2

Some are calling Biden Obama's Cheney.

Strictly in terms of the November election, it's fair to liken Joe Biden to Dick Cheney, who was tapped to serve as George W. Bush's running mate in 2000 in an effort to reassure voters who were made uneasy by Bush's thin national security resume.

The ploy worked for Bush: Cheney, a stern former defense secretary who had overseen the first Gulf War, was celebrated by the media ...

... But the rush to name Biden as "the new Cheney" is somewhat inaccurate, both in terms of the role Biden figures to play in an Obama White House and -- at least potentially -- in terms of Biden's own interest in ultimately seeking to claim the top job on his own.

Since there are also reports that Biden has "loose lips" I think it will be interesting to see if he puts his foot in his mouth in a significant way before the election.

https://www.observer.com/2008/politics/

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
26th Aug, 2008 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Biden Joe

It is a interesting pick. He definitely has the experience that Obama (and Biden on more than one occassion mentioned) lacks. Biden is a bit of a loose cannon and quite a bit more vocal than I would have expected in a pick from Obama. I really wonder if Biden is sitting in Edward's seat, if the whole pregnant girlfriend affair had not broken out.

If Obama gets elected and Biden challenges him next time for the Presidency, that will have to be a first. I think Biden's Presidential aspirations had to have gone away when he accepted the VP spot.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Joe Biden
A Friend

Joe Biden History & Civil Business Politics

I have to wonder. IF Obama is all about change and says that McCain is a representative of not changing then why pick a career senator as his running mate. Makes me wonder if any thing is actually going to change at all. I think we need to elect someone different that McCain or Obama.

26th Aug, 2008 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Biden Joe

Oh dont worry. There will be very little to any change whatsoever. The president is actually pretty limited in what he can do directly, as that is more the legislative branch of government. If it were a landslide victory, then he can claim some sort of mandate of the people for change, but with the polls as they are now...no mandates out of this one. That means gridlock as usual.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Joe Biden
A Friend

Biden Joe

Yeah I know Obama is already backing down on his promise to bring the troops home. Now with his running mate wanting to get touchy feelly with young ladies it will business as usual once again at the white house.

27th Aug, 2008 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Joe Biden

Since major corporations contribute to both Dems and Reps equally, I doubt there will be anything resembling "change" after the election no matter who "wins." Biden just adds foreign relations experience to Obama's advisory council. Biden has tried to gain the presidential candidacy for himself a couple of times and has been ignored, basically. I think this just ups the chances of Obama taking a bullet.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2008 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Joe Biden - Page 2

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Dick Gephardt would have been a pretty good choice for Obama. He is a bit more low key that Biden and definitely way less vocal, but would have had all the experience necessary as longtime politician that was well respected by the party.

24th Sep, 2008 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

Joe Biden Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Well, you can't say it wasn't predicted... "Loose-Lips" Biden is on the record:

Barack Obama tells running mate Joe Biden to keep quiet

BY MICHAEL McAULIFF
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 9:44 PM

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama slapped his loose-lipped running mate Tuesday, chastising Joe Biden for speaking too fast and contradicting him on one of the massive financial bailouts.

Biden, a Delaware senator, declared last week the federal government should not have floated the American International Group an $85 billion lifeline.

Obama said the feds had no choice and hit John McCain for opposing the AIG rescue one day, then backing it the next.

Tuesday, Obama had to deal with fallout from Biden doing a similar dipsy-doodle, first denouncing then agreeing with McCain. ...

...It's not the only Biden gaffe to make headlines lately.

In a CBS interview Monday, Biden called one of his own campaign ads "terrible" for mocking McCain's lack of e-mail ability. Biden later said it was okay.

In the same interview, he said McCain was not leading on the economic crisis, and to make his point cited a moment in history that never happened.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Katie Couric.

The stock marked crashed in 1929 - three years before FDR got elected. And TVs were experimental.  ...

...The GOP reveled in Biden's bobbles, sending out a list of recent alleged missteps.

"Joe Biden's bizarre comments underscore the lack of decisiveness and leadership represented at the top of the ticket," said Republican National Committee spokesman Danny Diaz, contending that Obama's "lack of experience and accomplishment is reflected in the confused comments by his running mate."

Anyone want to wager whether or not Biden steps down ... and Hillary steps up? Biden has already said that she would have been the better choice.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 24th Sep, 2008 - 5:15am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Joe Biden

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,