Sydfyr the Ranger

Sydfyr Ranger - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 13th Aug, 2018 - 6:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II RPG Character 601 Medieval Text Adventure
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2018 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Sydfyr the Ranger
A Friend

Sydfyr the Ranger

My name is Sydfyr Artyrion, named after my mother's father. I awoke today with a new feeling of vigor; a renewed sense of purpose that I find irrevocable. I know not from where it comes, but it is a tangible, if not outwardly perceivable impulse. My father gifted this book to me, and I don't believe I understood the true weight of his words until now. He told me to write my own story, not just write the story that happens around me. He wanted me to know that I control my own destiny, and I plan to take it.

As I found my way to this tavern, I saw my reflection in the muddled water of a horse trough. Not just the unseeing glance usually given, but the true, open eyed intake of an image. I saw my mother's pale skin and deep brown hair, though it waves like my father's. I've even inherited my mother's dimples. The deep, crystalline blue of my eyes belongs to my father, and my above average height and broad build was a gift from him as well. Long days working in the wilds have made me strong and quick, but perhaps the knowledge I've earned through this time is more valuable.

I've spent time learning of the flora and fauna; how to tell the difference between similar species, and which things are edible. I've learned how to trap and hunt, in which I've found much peace, and what may be most important; I learned how to defend myself. Bandits and wild animals have both threatened me, and the scars I've earned cross my body with their own strange sense of pride. I've learned how to work both metal and leather, though I consider myself no master in these arts, but I can take care of my own equipment well enough to serve my own independence. The wilds hold much mystery for me, and knowing how to navigate them has always been, and remains one of my priorities. Civilization can make men, but the wilds test them, make us stronger. I owe much to nature, and I live to embrace it. Though it wasn't the title I chose myself, but these are the reasons I've been labeled Sydfyr, Ranger of the Wood.

I seek to continue this ranger's path, but there is a destiny for which I'm made, and I will walk my path in my own time. With the passing of my family, my roots in this part of the forest of civilization are gone, and maybe that means it's time to find, to make my own home. I will hesitate to make friendships and alliances, but I will stay vigilant for those proving malign in intent. There are many in this world seeking to take advantage of weakness, of kindness, so my father has said, and I believe him to be right. I won't succumb to the brash and selfish ways of so many others.

If I'm truly meant to walk the road of kings, I will walk with head high, sword in reach, and compassion in my heart. I will fight to the best of my ability, and try to speak with wisdom, though I know that still I'm young, and so very imperfect. Maybe nobility isn't about perfection; perhaps it's about accepting these flaws, and continuing on anyway. May the powers that be watch over my journey.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2018 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Sydfyr the Ranger
A Friend

Ranger Sydfyr

Advisor Description

A place I've been many times, and yet; now I feel like a stranger in a strange land. So many familiar faces and buildings, each now covered in new potential. I've never realized how open the world truly was, but open and vast it is. Today has proven itself a greater example than any other I've found so far on this still budding journey.

The sun shone brightly over the town of Grayson. Leaves of deep green all around seemed to drink it in with a prisoner's thirst, glowing softly with their renewed energy. Though it wasn't quite morning, it still wasn't quite afternoon, and I sat nestled in the roots of a majestic oak tree watching the villagers go about their business. As I turned my gaze away from a plump freckled child picking his nose, I found myself staring into eyes the same brilliant hue as the glimmering leaves that so captivate me.

Though I've walked through these streets before, I know with certainty I've not seen every face, and her's was no exception to my misfortune. Her hair was like honey and strawberry wine; the waves of it seeming to kiss her neck and flow over her shoulders. White teeth were just visible behind her grin; a grin that might have been friendly, but it could have been full of something like mischief. When she noticed me notice her, she raised her hands lazily and shrugged in a way that said; you got me.

"You look lost." If her hair was honey, her voice was refreshing citrus.

I returned her smile, making sure that inherited dimple was visible, and said. "I suppose I might be, but I think one needs a place to go to really be lost in the first place." I felt my heart beat a little faster, I couldn't understand why.

"Ah," She drew out the sound like a sigh. "The wayward wanderer sort then?" Her grin blossomed a little more. "We see those types come through the inn once every great while." To my surprise, she strolled over, grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet with a unexpected show of strength. "Come on then. Every great journey starts with a good breakfast, doesn't it?" With that, I found myself at her whim.

I found out that she worked at the Silver Road Inn, a tidy establishment owned by her mother and father. She told me a little about them, about her younger brother Edwin who dreamed of being a knight, and her older sister Sophia who was studying to become a mage, but most importantly; I learned that her name was Marianna. She brought me eggs and sausages freshly cooked by her father, and she told me of herself; her love of singing, and her more secret love of archery. We talked well into the day, and by the time I left, the sun was already leaning heavy into the west. As I was leaving Marianna made me promise to return to speak to her when I could.

I do plan to, but I know my road is a long and unpredictable one. I can't say for certain if we'll ever meet again, but I sincerely hope so. She was sweet and charming, and brave and wily, she could be a useful friend and ally. Maybe something more. The future isn't for me to know however.

As to what she thinks of me, I couldn't say. Did she only talk to me because I truly seemed lost? Was there something more to it? Does she want something from me? I guess I won't know until I know.

> TOPIC: Sydfyr the Ranger

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,