Wulfgar the Master

Wulfgar Master - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 9th Sep, 2018 - 8:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 641 Medieval Text Adventure
6th Sep, 2018 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Wulfgar the Master

My name is Wulfgar. Im named after a legendary king. My people are proud of our history. I don't see why. History means nothing when you have nothing to show for it. Maybe we were kings once, but were mostly bandits, rustlers and beggars now. We think having a few acres and some cattle in our coral makes us rich. Our ancestors lived in stone castles, but we lived in a smoky timber hall, not much bigger than a barn.

My parents weren't willing to settle for being dirt farmers. They were willing to fight for more. They just didnt know how to do it right.

They say I'm the spitting image of my old man, but I think theres a fair bit of my mum in there too. Im tall, with long limbs and broad shoulders. My hair is brown, my eyes are gray, my complexion ruddy. Ive got a broad face, with a square jaw and heavy brows. Some people think I look like a brute. Thats good. I want them to underestimate me.

Dad taught me how to swing an axe and a sword. How to chop wood, herd cattle and ride horses. Mum taught me to read, how to count, and how to get people to listen when I talk.

My other teacher was an old priest named Logas. I doubt that he could read or write, but he knew more tales and proverbs than any scholar. He had been a sort of warrior monk in his younger days, till he lost an eye and three fingers in some battle and took to preaching instead. I could see why father liked him. Even in his old age he still looked like he could throttle most younger men with his one good hand.

Logas said our people used to have many gods, but we have forgotten most of their names. Either they were too weak to help us, or they cursed us for our lax worship. Only the strongest ones remained now.

His favorite was Varg, the Black Wolf. Varg was a god of warriors, heroes, and guardians. If you pleased him, by proving your cleverness, bravery, and loyalty, he would fight by your side and guard your homestead when you were away. If you angered him, he would devour everything you loved. Logas had his emblem tattooed on his arm, and now so do I.

Most of my uncles and cousins are sellswords and bandits. And most of them are dead, devoured by the wolf. I won't make the same mistake.

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2018 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Master Wulfgar

Advisor Description

Captain Padrick was what some folk called a charming rogue and others a murderous bastard. The second was at least somewhat true. Padrick was the illegitimate son of some Southern Lord, though theyd be reluctant to claim him. The Captain was tall and handsome, with dark eyes, curly hair, and a gold tooth that glimmered when he smiled. Behind that veneer of southern charm however, beat the heart of a hardened killer. Soft men didnt last long in his line of work.

He led a company of adventurer, which is a fancy way of saying mercenary troop. I knew that he and my father had campaigned together, and were on mostly friendly terms. More importantly, I knew he still owed my father money, although I wasn't sure hed be willing to pay it now that dad was dead.
I knew I was taking a risk approaching a man like this, but I needed his help. I had few friends in town, and

Captain Padrick was a dangerous man, which meant I wanted him on my side. There was a lot that I could learn from him, but that didnt mean I should trust him.

6th Sep, 2018 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Wulfgar the Master Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Reflections on your mother

My mother loved my father fiercely, maybe too much. She loved that he was a fighter. She loved that he wasn't willing to spend his life pushing a plow on land that wasn't his. She used to dream that he would have his own castle someday, and that she would be his queen.

Dad used to claim that he stole her from her clan, but I knew that he only did it because mom made him. She wouldn't admit it, but she liked danger. It excited her. If she had been a man, she would have been a warrior, but the women of our clan didn't go to war.

Dad loved her wild nature, but I think it also worried him. She was reckless, quick to anger, and hated to be ignored. They loved as hard as they fought, which eventually lead to their deaths.

7th Sep, 2018 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Master Wulfgar

Most beautiful lady of Wulfgar

I saw a goddess in the market today.

She wasn't necessarily pretty in the conventional sense. Some might say her nose was a bit too long and her mouth a bit too wide. But her eyesGods! A man could drown in those deep, dark pools. And then there was her hair. It was dark and glossy and looked smooth as silk. I couldnt help but imagine running my hands through it as he whispered in her ear.

She was tall and slender. Not soft or delicate though, but lean and strong. She wore a plain blue wool gown with no jewelry or adornments. The gown was perfectly modest, but I couldnt help but notice the way it clung to the shape of her body. I wondered what the legs under it looked like? Very long I imagine.

I liked the way she held herself high and proud, like a nobles daughter, as she walked through the market with a basket under one arm. She moved with a dancers grace, somehow avoiding the puddles and dung in the road without even looking.
She smiled often, and waved hello to every merchant and peddler she passed. Her smile was just as dazzling as her eyes. Most of them waved back, which made me jealous for some reason, which is crazy because I don't even know her.

She may have dressed like a common woman, but I knew right away that she was nothing like one. This woman was a queen.

ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Master Wulfgar

Kella the Fighter joins the Adventure Party of Wulfgar

Im not going to last long here without some muscle at my back. I met Kella outside the Parody Palace, where she was busy stomping some hapless idiot who tried to rob her. Noting her enthusiasm for mayhem, I decided to hire her on the spot.

She told me to go to hell and immediately tried to punch me in the mouth. After several minutes of brawling, we patched up our differences, and now she's on my side. I hope.

ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Wulfgar the Master

The Beauty of Lady Fluke

Beauty is found in many places

From flowers petals to courtesans faces

And yet no princess or goddess of old

Is near as striking, or half as bold

Her shoulders are wide, her features are broad

Her face is strange, her voice is odd

There are those who mock my ladys features

Those jealous, hateful, nasty creatures

Though their faces are fair, their souls are rotten

But a beauty like Fluke will never be forgotten

She may not look like a princess its true

But her beauty outshines all wretches like you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2018 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Wulfgar Master

Message to Advisor

Captain Padrick,

Im delighted to inform you that I've finally tasted battle. With the help of Kella, my hired hand, I cut down two thugs who had been extorting the merchants guild. I even managed to make it out unscathed, though Kella took a few lumps.

I realize that one back alley scuffle doesn't exactly make me a hardened veteran, but at least I've proven that I can stand my ground. More importantly, the local merchants think I'm a hero now, which Ill try to play to advantage.

One thing I did learn, wielding an axe is harder than it looks. Ive been saving up for training at the Body Guild, but everything in this city is so damned expensive. If I'm going to make any progress, Ill need to find a better way to make coin than taking care of horses at the Town Hall.

Your friend,

Wulfgar.

9th Sep, 2018 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Wulfgar Master Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

Message to Advisor

Captain Padrick,

Im starting to feel frustrated now. Ive spent years in this city tending to horses, making deliveries and training at the guilds. All I have to show for it is some leather armor and a wooden shack.

Theres got to be a better way. Maybe I should reconsider working for the Thieves Guild? I know they're trouble, and that they certainly don't have my best interests in mind, but what else can I do now? I didnt come all this way to be a pauper living in a slum.

Id appreciate any advise you might be willing to offer sir.

Wulfgar.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wulfgar the Master

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,