Ranald the Blacksmith

Ranald Blacksmith - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 11th Sep, 2018 - 2:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 645 Medieval Text Adventure
10th Sep, 2018 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Ranald the Blacksmith

They call me Ranald the Smith. Ive always been fascinated by the forge. Metal is cold, hard, and unyielding, yet with the right tools and techniques, it becomes soft, flexible, and malleable. By mixing it with other ores, you can even transform it into something entirely new. I think that's a good metaphor for life.
With the right tools, you can shape your own destiny.

My father wanted to be a smith, but war carried him away from his forge. War made him rich, but it didnt make him happy.

People say that I look a lot like him. Im tall, with long arms, broad shoulders, and big hands. I have my mothers blue eyes and auburn hair, but unfortunately I have my dads big nose and heavy jaw. Thats alright though, smiths don't need to be pretty.

Part of me wishes that I could settle down, open a shop, marry a nice girl, and teach our sons to be smiths too. But I've learned that cannot happen of the kingdom isn't safe. Sooner or later, some bastard with a sword and bad temper will come knocking. So I've decided its up to me. If I can forge steel, then I can forge a kingdom too.

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2018 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Blacksmith Ranald

Advisor Description

Lady Helena Bray is my aunt, but shed rather most people didnt know that. She never speaks to me in public. When I visit, she makes me use the servants entrance.

My mother was her sister. They look a lot alike, same high cheekbones and cold blue eyes, though Helenas hair is blond instead of auburn. Mom caused something of a scandal when she ran off with my father, who was one step up from a peasant. Most of the family refused to speak to my mother after that, but Helena couldnt turn her back on her sister, and now that she's gone, shes decided to help her nephew.

Im not sure if she genuinely cares about me, or is doing this out of guilt. Either way, Im not too proud to accept her help.

10th Sep, 2018 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Ranald the Blacksmith Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

The Beauty of Lady Fluke

Lady Fluke so fair
Eyes that gleam like blue diamonds
Hair like fine spun gold

Voice like an angel
Her laughter is melodic
Like notes from a harp

Hands as strong as steel
Wit as sharp as a dagger
All her foes despair

A unique beauty
Rare as a black unicorn
Unlike any other.

10th Sep, 2018 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Blacksmith Ranald

Most beautiful lady of Ranald

Zeila was the most beautiful woman in the world. For some reason, most folks didnt realize that, including her. She was tall and slender, with big brown eyes and dark, glossy hair, which was usually braided.

Her father was a horse breeder, and quite wealthy. Zeila could have dressed in silks and pearls and passed as a high-born lady if she wanted, but that wasn't her. She knew who she was, and where she came from.

I usually saw her at the livery, where I sometimes made horseshoes. She was always working with the horses, brushing them, feeding them, leading them around the paddocks, and occasionally taking them for trot. She rode like a man, straddling the saddle, with her skirts hitched up around her knees. Ill confess I sometimes snuck a peek at those lovely legs.

Everything she did she could have trusted to a servant, but she didnt, because those horses mattered to her. I think that's what I liked about her the most. It was good to see another person who cared about their craft.

10th Sep, 2018 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Blacksmith Ranald

Lurch the Barbarian joins the Adventure Party of Ranald

Lurch is big, mean, and ugly. I'm not certain that he's ever taken a bath, but it has rained on him once or twice. He keeps his ax very clean however. He's strong as an ox, and about as smart.

He likes meat, ale, and a good fight. I don't think he's particularly fond of me, but luckily he is fond of my money.

10th Sep, 2018 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Ranald the Blacksmith

Why Am I Ranald?

She says I'm "free." I supposed that's a good thing. I like the idea that I'm free to forge my own path, not beholden to destiny or shackled by unwritten laws. I like being free, and I aim to stay that way.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2018 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Ranald Blacksmith

When I was accepted by Lord Wilderton from the Fighter's Guild I was truly elated as I had always wanted to be part of the Guild of Fighters.

11th Sep, 2018 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Vermander
(+)

Ranald Blacksmith Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

Bog the War Dog joins the Adventure Party of Ranald

Bog is dog. He's loyal and brave, not much of talker though. I'm not really sure what his ambitions are. Maybe he's secretly on a quest to become king of the dogs? If he succeeds, I hope he's not still angry that I named him Bog.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ranald the Blacksmith

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,