Newsletter - November 2018

Newsletter November 2018 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 5th Nov, 2018 - 8:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
1st Nov, 2018 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

I am busy transitioning the code of International Discussions to PHP 7.2 which is quite an undertaking, however I have most of it done. I was doing a lot of testing today, so if you visited while I was working on it you may have experienced some loading issues- I apologize, but it is necessary to ensure the main site works as well as our test site.

Along the way, I am also making adjustments to the Community's format, setup and emphasis with a focus on localized themes and content rather than pleasing the demands of external expectations. This is to cater for the niche this site was meant for as the competition and internet moves in a different (Dumbed down) direction. I will not go into lots of detail nor list every change but you may or may not notice the differences depending on your level of interest in this site.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2018 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

November Newsletter

What about the transition code that has been your biggest challenge? I'm not sure what kind of software you are running so I did not want to answer your request for help and become more of a problem by you having to teach me what needs fixing.

2nd Nov, 2018 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

Newsletter - November 2018 Feedback & FAQ News Community

The software originally came from a system that is more than 14 years old so it was from the PHP 3-4 era. Over the years I have hacked it to the point that it does not resemble nor functions anything like it originally worked back in the early 2000s. You are right, I did make a request for help but in the end only I really know the code and how it works so I put aside the time to get it done. Thanks for your concern.

4th Nov, 2018 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

November Newsletter

Testing is complete and we are now using PHP 7.2 in this Community. Of course, there may be areas that have been overlooked, so if you encounter an error or something unusual please do let us know about it so we can fix it as soon as possible.

4th Nov, 2018 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

November Newsletter

Good work on getting it working with PHP 7.2.

The top right field for searches gives a blank page. Not sure if you are aware of that or you're working on it but just thought I'd let you know.

5th Nov, 2018 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Thanks for letting me know. I've at least put up a page so it isn't blank but I still need to get it working with the current configuration. I will add an update when it has been restored.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Nov, 2018 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Newsletter November 2018

Searching is online. Some of these scripts will need to be optimized or continue to have errors in the background until I get them all, however they are functional.

As a side note for developers. Future versions of PHP will likely be unforgiving based on the errors I see being thrown as warnings for now.

5th Nov, 2018 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Newsletter November 2018 Community News FAQ & Feedback

Spell check has been restored for those that have a reliance on it. Most browsers come with a built in spell check these days, however ours is an option. The Thesaurus also functions as normal.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Newsletter - November 2018

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,