Role-playing vs Dice Playing

Role-playing Dice Playing - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2020 - 2:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Role-playing vs Dice Playing From the TextRPG.com RPG Blog
13th Nov, 2018 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Just added this article: It is called "Role-play" not "Dice play" to the Text Role-playing Game Blog. Basically, I cover nerd Players' obsession with dice and rules to the detriment of role-play and the exclusion of others. Of course we know the end solution already.

Role-playing vs Dice Playing (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Playing Dice Role-playing

While I enjoy the dice I also look into the role play portion of the game too. Yeah it is easy to let the dice do everything but having a good role play of my character does this because of this is what can add a lot of depth to a role playing game.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Role-playing vs Dice Playing Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

I feel that it is not too much to ask people to know the basic rules. Any game of any sort has rules that the players need to know. Patience should be exercised with new players but they should make an effort to learn the rules. The Dungeon Master does most of the work. It isn't too much to ask of a player to do their small part.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:19pm

16th Dec, 2018 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

The taverns are definitely a good example of this. You can just run with the outcome of a challenge or use the time to roleplay as though you are really there in a place full of drunks and wenches.

31st Dec, 2019 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

If you're relying on dice then you probably don't know how to role-play so a board game might be better suited for you.

2nd Jan, 2019 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

A certain amount of fun does come from rolling the dice but its true that a ROLE playing game should not be about ROLL playing as much as ROLE playing your character.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Apr, 2019 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Role-playing Dice Playing

Dice should be for decision making and not making the decision. At least that's how I see it. Role-playing is how you get enjoyment from the game.

23rd Apr, 2020 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Role-playing Dice Playing Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

I like that I don't have to be calculating dice rolls or having to make sure I have the correct bonus. This helps me to focus on character story and building.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Role-playing vs Dice Playing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,