Best Dog Breed

Best Dog Breed - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd May, 2004 - 4:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Man's best friend?
6th Nov, 2003 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed

There are many dog breeds. Large, small, medium, tempered, wild, etc. If you are going to have a dog for home then you need to make sure that you know which is best. What are your recommendations?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2003 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed
A Friend

Breed Dog Best

Well i have always loved Cocker spainals..we have one now his name is Chappy
His Nickname is Chap...But they are great dogs and he is nothing but a joy with the Kids ..and VERY protective of them...He will Get on you if you mess with the Children...So ireccomend them if you have children..*S*

1st Jan, 2004 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Cocker spaniels are good dogs, but they can be very excitable and tend to "piddle" ... ...

The best guard dogs are *any well trained dog* and really smart Doberman Pincers, German Shepards, and Terriers of different sorts.

I prefer smaller dogs with lots of energy. Sleeping dogs are boring smile.gif

Roz

6th Jan, 2004 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Breed Dog Best

Minature Dachaunds are great. They have lots of personality! Almost like 4-legged people. Low dander for those with allergies and they don't smell like a dog. smile.gif I love mine! I have had many dogs of many different breeds and this one is my favorite. He "talks" to me. For example, he knows in the morning after he goes out he gets two milk bones for breakfast. If I don't get them for him quickly enough (and it is just about impossible to be quick enough) he barks at me until I get them.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2004 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed
A Friend

Breed Dog Best

I have studied over 100 different breeds of dogs because of the profession I wanted to go into. But I went a different way but dogs are still a huge part of my life. I still study aggression in dogs and try to help educate the public about dog-aggression and responsible dog ownership. My recommendation of a dog breed, especially with children would be a Staffordshire Terrier or an American Pit Bull Terrier but only for owners who have dog experience. This breed wasnt call the "nanny breed" for no reason. These dogs are great with children but have to be well socialized and trained as a puppy. The reason these dogs would be the best for children is their tolerance. They have more tolerance than almost all other breeds. But since there are so many people who arent responsible in breeding these dogs you definitely have to go to a responsible and reputable breeder.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2004 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed
A Friend

Best Dog Breed

Well,I prefer Norweigen Elkhounds(we bred them for a little while)though not a good dog if you have little kids.They are of medium to slender medium for females.
They develope very luxurious "silver" fur,Which does require some upkeep,and are quite possibly one of the most trainable around.The Vikings reportedly used these dogs and were the first to domesticate them,which tells you how long this breed has worked with man.Some say this breed of dog can actually understand the english language to the level of a 10 year old child,(I knew a fellow once that did not have to even speak to his elkhound,it was all hand signals entirely).but I do'nt know how true that may be.They make excellant guard dogs as well,and are extremely loyal.

If you are looking for something a little smaller and child friendly,then I agree with tenaheff,get a Dachaunds,I have never met one I did'nt like/love to death.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th May, 2004 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed

I have a Golden Retriever and he is a great companion and very good with our kids. I have a 9-year old and a 10 month old and he behaves appropiately with each one. ie very gentle with the baby and more playful but still not too aggresive with the 9-year old. He knows that he can play rough with me, and enjoys doing so every so often but knows to stop when I tell him too. He is now almost 5 years old and was easily house trained. I find Goldens to be very loyal, loving and great with kids. They would get my vote for best breed.

22nd May, 2004 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Best Dog Breed Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I LOVE the English Sheppard. They are sooooo cute, big and playful. I would love to have a dog like that.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Best Dog Breed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,