Alton Sterling - Police Shooting Case

Alton Sterling Police Shooting Case - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Mar, 2018 - 6:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  Alton Sterling,Police Shooting Case
Alton Sterling - Police Shooting Case Related Information to Alton Sterling - Police Shooting Case
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2016 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The U.S. Justice Department's civil rights division will lead the investigation into the police shooting of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Gov. John Bel Edwards said.

The U.S. Attorney's office, the FBI and state police also will be involved.

Edwards said he has "Very serious concerns" after having watched a cell phone video of the deadly incident. Ref. CNN.

Alton Sterling - Police Shooting Case (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Case Shooting Police Sterling Alton

The 911 call that brought police to a Baton Rouge convenience store Tuesday came from a homeless man, according to a senior law enforcement official.

The homeless man had approached Alton Sterling, repeatedly asking him for money, the official said. Sterling showed his gun and the homeless man called police, according to the official. Sterling was later shot and killed by police at the scene. The incident was captured on video by two bystanders. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2016 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Alton Sterling - Police Shooting Case History & Civil Business Politics

It is my feeling that if he did not have a gun or did not resist he would be alive today. Knowing that officers were dispatched to the convenience store for a man with a gun put the officers on high alert. The fact that he resisted the officers and a struggle ensued a violent struggle as you can see with the officers body cameras and radios being displaced.

Was he reaching for his gun? The videos I have seen does not show that well enough to know. But having three people wrestling on the ground in a violent struggle if he did reach for his gun the shooting was justified in my opinion. A cooperative person does not get shoot. Contrary to popular belief the police officers are not gun happy. They are not wanting to go out and shoot someone.

I can tell you most officer who are involved in shooting someone do not do so lightly. Yes they are trained to handle situations but even the best training does not allow for all possible outcomes. I do know that all the heightened tensions could be mitigated some if all sides come together peacefully and talk. We as Americans do not need this violence. We are better than this.

9th Jul, 2016 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

When I heard the news and I heard this man showed a gun to the homeless man something just did not sit right. It shows that the person (In my view) should not be licenced to carry a weapon. A weapon is for your protection, not to bully a guy asking you for money. That's absolutely nuts!

If the man resisted and tried to reach for his gun, in my view the killing is justified.

KNtoran, I agree that most cops are good at what they do but I have seen also so many videos of cops really abusing their power.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2016 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Remember that videos you see do not always show the whole story. Many videos are edited to make the officers look bad.

Now I am not saying that there are no bad officers out there. In every society you have good and bad. Police officers are no better. Yet we need to remember that many officers deal with the criminal element of society much more most people. I bet 90% of law abiding citizens have not had any negative dealing with law enforcement officers.

I agree that something was not right with this whole situation from the beginning. I have a feeling that he was not armed legally. That is just my personal opinion however.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2018 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Officers not charged in Alton Sterling's death. No charges will be filed against two Baton Rouge police officers in the 2016 shooting death of Alton Sterling after an investigation determined the officers' actions were "Well-founded and reasonable," Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry said Tuesday.

"This decision was not taken lightly. We came to this conclusion after countless hours of reviewing the evidence," Landry said.

Landry's announcement in Baton Rouge -- coming 10 months after federal prosecutors determined they wouldn't file civil rights charges against the officers -- was made moments after he met Tuesday morning with Sterling's relatives to tell them of his decision. Ref. CNN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Alton Sterling - Police Shooting Case

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,