Shackling Defendants

Shackling Defendants - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Jun, 2017 - 1:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2017 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Shackling Defendants

'Like a bear on a chain': Ruling deems San Diego federal court shackling policy unconstitutional. An appeals panel chastised San Diego federal court judges for allowing nearly all defendants to be restrained in five-point shackles during routine hearings. Source 6v.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2017 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants
A Friend

Defendants Shackling

Oh come on, some of these defendants are repeat offenders and of some of the most heinous crimes. When are we going to stop coddling criminals?

7th Jun, 2017 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants History & Civil Business Politics

Seriously biggest mistake if they decide this. I can' understand why they wouldn't want them shackled! Not just for the people around them, but for themselves! Dear me, unfathomable!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants
A Friend

Defendants Shackling

There is a clear reason why they are shackled in five point shackles. They are dangerous. Now you have some bleeding heart liberal who feels this is unconstitutional? Maybe they will change their mind when one of the unshackled dangerous criminals kills or seriously hurts a judge. Then they will understand how dangerous some of these people really are.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants
A Friend

Defendants Shackling

KN,

Unfortunately, the people crying for these "Poor" hardened criminals who conduct heinous crimes being shackled won't feel a thing if the hurt or kill a judge. They only care when it affects them… and then they scream how could you. Yeah, the word hypocrite comes to mind.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants
A Friend

Shackling Defendants

The ruling states that those who present a clear physical threat can remain shackled as deemed necessary.

I too think this is a mistake, principally because it is too broad, secondarily because I think violent crimes should have been made an automatic exception.

But this doesn't actually stop the court from binding that violent thug, and I feel that keeping the court from binding the bookish kid accused of a misdemeanor isn't a horrible idea.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants
A Friend

Shackling Defendants

They should do it like some places here in Iowa the prisoner never leaves jail they see the judge via a closed circuit TV thus they are not shackled and they are not free. Thus they can not harm anyone.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Shackling Defendants
A Friend

Shackling Defendants Politics Business Civil & History

That is a great idea and a great way to do it. I agree with this style of doing it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Shackling Defendants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,