Magic: The Gathering Anti-mormon Version

Magic Gathering Anti-mormon Version - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Aug, 2008 - 12:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

Part 1: Angel Flaming Card
26th Aug, 2008 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Magic: The Gathering

I have been trying to promote Mormon RISK. It has not been taken very well despite getting congratulations from some and bites from others. I have even spent money on ads in Adwords, to get it going, but it seems that LDS related games just do not take to LDS Members. Anyway, my point in bringing this up was to mention that I joined many LDS Communities (or related to LDS) to tell them about it.

Some of those Communities are impartial or negative towards the Church. In the Threads I started they made fun of my intro to Mormon RISK by saying such things as the Church is already a game and the like. To my amazement though, one person whipped out this link of images using Magic: The Gathering backdrops to attack certain points of the Church, and which makes light of Church teachings.

Now you are probably wondering why I opening a Thread about that here. Well, I thought it might make a good exercise in Discussion, while testing your knowledge of the Doctrine, after all, if Antis attack something you should know why they attack it and what the TRUTH is about it.

How We Will Do This

I will pick a card from the set, there are many of them, and see if you can devise what they are 'picking on' by it and your response to it. Each card is labeled at the top with a title so I will reference it in this way.

For instance, to start:

Angle With A Flaming Sword

See if you can guess what is being attacked here and your answer for it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Version Anti-mormon Gathering Magic

Alright I had to make sure this was in the "mature section".

Here we go. The sword is a phallic symbol that is held in ones hand that cannot be blocked to a wife or daughter. In reference to mormon incestuos relationships?

Are these cards/game real?

26th Aug, 2008 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Magic: The Gathering Anti-mormon Version Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is actually a representation of an actual event where Joseph did not want to make Plural Marriage part of his life (I'm sure Emma did not like the concept), and an angel appeared with a drawn sword instructing him to live the law or perish. You can read more about these things in the Sticky Thread about seven women.

Rather off topic, but...
The cards are real in the sense they were created by anti-Mormons. If you are asking if they actually play it like a game then I do not think that is the idea they had in mind. They are using the cards to show how the Church's doctrine is like a role-playing game. Most of them are disgruntled, immature and have too much time on their hands.

26th Aug, 2008 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

I'm rather appalled that these people are so antagonistic to the church that they would invent a "game" about it. I knew the answer to this one, but I'm sure there are many in the church who do not - particularly new converts, who are easily swayed if their testimonies are fragile. One more thing to watch for as we walk through this life.

29th Aug, 2008 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

So basically are they saying that with this "card" they can take the Wife or Daughter card of any other player--due to the experience Joseph Smith had in the picture?

29th Aug, 2008 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

This is probably hitting at key historical points (better Discussed in the Sticky Thread about seven women) where women already married or young were married to the Prophet. At that time those who did not live the law of Plural Marriage when asked had very grave consequences pronounced upon them, even loss of Salvation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Aug, 2008 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

Magic Gathering Anti-mormon Version

Yes, that makes sense. I have to be honest in the fact that I have never understood the plural marriages Joseph had to women already married but like you said, that is for another thread OR when I get to the Q & A session in heaven!

30th Aug, 2008 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Magic Gathering Anti-mormon Version Mormon Doctrine Studies

You do not have to wait til the next life to read more, just start here and read the whole thing from start to finish: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Magic: The Gathering Anti-mormon Version

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,