Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 753 Medieval Text Adventure
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2019 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Fynn the Wanderer

As the son of a blacksmith, I became used to hard work and physical labour, and my physical stature reflects it. Tall and broad for my age, with dark hair and icy blue eyes that can seem slightly unnatural from certain angles, I grew up dreaming of the glory earned by the brave knights my father sought to equip. However, the scars and roughness of my hands that come from an adolescence spent around my father's forge, combined with some of my other features (Notably my eyes) sometimes make me hard to read, which meant a fairly lonely childhood.

My mother often felt sorry for me because of my lack of friends and siblings, and as a result made sure that I knew I was loved at home. I grew to be self-sufficient, content to play by myself as a young boy, and later eager to help and learn from my father. Fascinated by his ability to work with and shape and mould the raw strength of metal, my ambitions were torn between following in his footsteps at the forge, and wielding the products of a smith's labours as a warrior myself. I loved spending time at the forge, all other worries forgotten due to the focus of creating something new, but as I practiced with and tested the more basic weapons he created, I knew there could be more to my future than this.

I learned much from my father, and age 16 he challenged me to prove my skills - to come of age, so to speak. I was to make a basic set of armour, without his input for the first time. This was to be the armour I would take with me as I left home and began my adult life. Nowhere near the quality that he would produce for his paying customers, but a start at least - and something that I can continue to work on and perfect.

So now I begin my own adventure in the world. I'm not sure yet whether I wish to pursue life as a warrior or life at the forge. I've tasted life at the forge and found it satisfying, but without tasting life as a warrior I'll never know what I could become.

I head out into the world to prove myself in one way or another, dependent only upon myself. And I look forward to the challenge.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2019 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Wanderer Fynn

Advisor Description

My first port of call when I got into town was the Tavern - for some food, a place to rest my head, and hopefully some gossip. Never one to be keen draw attention, I chose a table in a quieter corner of the tavern. Cassandra, came over, dressed in a well-worn apron. I guessed her to be in her thirties, with her mousy brown hair tied back and a kind smile on her pretty, but relatively plain, face. She introduced herself to me and brought me a square meal and a drink. She seemed remarkably friendly and took a keen interest in me, even for a tavern wench whose pockets are lined by their ability to remain friendly to even the most lecherous of drunks.

I briefly wondered if this was what it felt like to have a woman take a shine on you, but dismissed this thought as unlikely given the age difference. I set to my meal and forgot about the strange, but not unpleasant, first impression of Cassandra. However, when I had finished my meal she came and took a seat at my table. She explained that she had been watching me for a while. This was fairly unsettling news, and threw my naive emotions into even more confusion, given my earlier wonderings.

She set me at ease, and informed me that she'd had contact with my father, who had supplied her uncle with his armour for many years. He'd told her that I would be leaving home to pursue my independence, and asked that if I happened to pass in her direction, she should look out for me and keep him informed on my progress.

As well as this, she'd decided at that point that if I should happen to cross her path, not only would she let my father know how I was, but she'd take it upon herself to give me any assistance and guidance that she could. She sees many people pass through - people of all kinds, and with all kinds of business. She might be able to send people in my direction if they're looking for armour, although only people looking for fairly basic armour. Her own reputation still needs upholding as a reliable source of information, and if she sent any knights of the realm, for example, to be armoured by a novice like me, then that reputation would swiftly cease to be of any assistance. But perhaps she might be able to drum up some basic business for my employer, which would filter through to me inevitably.

She seems kind, and true, and her ambitions for me seem to be honest, if more humble than my own. I don't know how much belief she really has in my abilities as yet, but she seems willing to help, and I hope to make her, and my father, proud.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Fynn the Wanderer Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Let me telleth thee the story of how I killed a Bully. The Bully attacked and with my skills I killed it. That was the end of the Bully. Like my story?

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Wanderer Fynn

I have defeated a Soldier. Let all know that it be by the mighty hands of Fynn the Wanderer.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Wanderer Fynn

Most beautiful lady of Fynn

I saw her first from a distance across the marketplace. She wore a very dark cloak, almost black unless you looked carefully, at which point you could just make out the purplish hue. She walked with her hood up, avoiding the attention of everyone in the marketplace. Except me. Perhaps it was only by her own wish that I spotted her. She turned in my direction, and I saw beneath the hood of her cloak, long silver-white hair and her pale complexion. She was older than myself, but still young - I figured her to be in her early twenties, but there was a depth in her eyes that could be found in one much older.

She gave a slight smile as she caught my eye, before she turned away and I watched as she slipped through the crowd unnoticed by all but me. After a moment, I came to my senses and, keeping my eyes on her, started forwards to follow her, wanting to find out more about her. I struggled through the crowds, almost needing to break into a run where there were spaces, in order to match her pace - even though she seemed only to be strolling casually, such was her ability to slip through the crowd unnoticed.

She turned down an alleyway, and I hurried to continue following her. But as I got to the alleyway moments later, I saw a number of closed doors coming off the alleyway, and there was no sign of her.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Fynn the Wanderer

I, Fynn, have gained enough experience that I am considered to be Level 1 among my fellow men.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Fynn Wanderer

Mysterious Person at the Tavern

A bearded, red-headed, dwarven woman approaches me, with a smirk on her face. She beckons me over to another table in a quieter corner of the tavern. She tells me she has "an endowment" for me, should I prove to be worthy. The initial smirk on her face unsettled me and makes me wonder whether she's being true, and I am hesitant at first. However, she explains that her smirk was due to the description she had been given of me. Her anonymous source had sent her to "A young man awkwardly wearing shoddy, home-made armour." She had first thought it a cruel description, but on seeing me realised that it was a fitting description, and had found it amusing. Apparently her source had an interest in encouraging me to take further steps from the blacksmithing of my past, towards greater adventure and glory. I wonder if her source is my father, but dismiss it as he had never mentioned any contact with dwarves as I grew up. She suggests that, if I accept, a grand weapon has been set aside for me, to draw me more towards my heart's dreams of weapons training and glory in battle, and away from my head's goals of the steady income and independence of excellence at the forge. I think for a moment, wondering what my father would think of me rejecting his own chosen profession in favour of risk and danger. But ultimately my heart wins out, and I accept the dwarf-maiden's proposal.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2019 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Fynn the Wanderer
A Friend

Fynn Wanderer Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

I have defeated a Dog Rat. Let all know that it be by the mighty hands of Fynn the Wanderer.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Fynn the Wanderer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,