Teen Suicide

Teen Suicide - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 7th Sep, 2007 - 12:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
What Would You Do / Say In A Suicide Situation?
1st Dec, 2005 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Teen Suicide

Teen Suicide

Recently, as of last night, I recieved an email from a good friend of mine that he was going to kill himself. He didn't realize that I was still on and that I would try to deter him. He's lost all hope and will to live and won't even take a second look at the positives. His ears are closed, at least he makes it appear that they are, and he refuses to take to heart what we have to say. Luckily, he didn't kill himself. But was it because of what we said? Or was it because of what I told him to read, Job? Or, was it because he was just playing us to begin with? But that's really not the main subject of this thread.

What would you do if you heard one of your good friends had lost all ambition to live, all hope and all desire to move on? What would you say to them and how would you cope if they went through with their plans?

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2005 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Suicide Teen

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. How is he doing now? You should add your friend to our prayer list here if you have not already. Please give an update in your intro.

The thread topic:

This is a very deep topic and it surely causes a collage of different thoughts to cross my mind.

What would you do if you heard one of your good friends had lost all ambition to live

I would definitely talk to them first. What I would tell them on the other hand is a little bit harder a thought to process. I guess a lot of that would have to follow the questions of why they feel the way they do and what is going so horribly wrong.

how would you cope if they went through with their plans?

I knew someone that I went to high school with that did actually. He gave us no warning unfortunately so we were unable to attempt to help him. I remember still how hard that was to accept and honestly we were not what I would consider to be close friends. I really do not think coping is something that could be planned. If the day ever comes that anyone has to deal with this situation, I believe that it is more do they turn their feeling inside or let them out. Do they turn to a friend, family member or the Lord? I think that a persons surroundings will have more to do with the coping rather than state of mind. Spirituality could also be one of the most powerful aids to myself if I were ever to fall again into a situation such as that.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2006 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Teen Suicide
A Friend

Teen Suicide Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I was once in such a situation..

But with myself.

In the past summer, after graduation, I was dealing with a little known thing called "Anxiety Disorder". It kept me on lockdown, I couldn't go or do anything. It was like I was a prisoner in my own head, ever fearing if I would panic or not. It was scary too because I didn't know when or where it would strike.

I was so depressed and angry at myself. I didn't want to take medicine, but I knew I desperately needed it. My mother, who was helping me, was beginning to become annoyed with it. Soon, she would yell at me for being so scared.

But I don't think she really knew what it felt like, or even if she remembered her own Panic Disorder.

Everyday was a constant mind battle. I was struggling to hold on to such a shackled life. I did end up taking medicine, but I still wasn't ready to do anything. I was growing even more depressed and cried more so than I ever did. I was starting to lose my interest in life and I wanted to stop being the burden I saw myself as on my mother. I love my family, more than anything. I didn't want them to suffer more thn they had to.

So....I grabbed a knife. I could still feel my grip on it...I was so close to running it into my chest. I still remember the mind battle, one saying to do it and the other side telling me to wait. It told me this was not the way to go and that I could do somehting better. I came to my senses and ended up cutting my arm. I only did it once. After that, I found a new way to free myself and become something better for my family.

I tried.

It's hard to tell someone who wants to die to live. If the person is so far gone, what chance do you have of them listening to your words? Still, if it were my best friend, I would do anything to keep them from performing such an act, telling them to wait...let them know that someone loves them when they feel that no one does. So them protection when they feel there is none. I'd tell them that "Life is one big struggle. They will be times when we will be at our lowest. But don't forget that there will be days when we will be the Kings."

^^

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Teen Suicide
A Friend

Suicide Teen

Well. I know how it feels to be in that situation. I never turn my phone off, because I have many friends who are suicidal. And I would want them to be there for me, if I was suicidal. Which I am. This is kind of personal. But I tried to kill myself 3 times last year. Once by chocking, twice by taking too many pills. I'm ok now. But it still haunts me. Suicide is a horrible thing. I realize that now. I just tell my friends that their life is worth it and there is help available.

3rd Mar, 2006 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Teen

This is kind of personal.

Yes, very personal, and I have to wonder... are you getting attention for this? What about your friends? Are they seeking help too? Suicide it not something that is to be taken likely, and once someone says they plan to do it - it means they will, if not today, tomorrow or the next unless they get the help they need.

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Teen Suicide
A Friend

Teen Suicide

Well. Since thats out in the open I am bipolar. I am on meds for it. And I am getting help. Yes, my boyfriend helps me out with it. I have allot of issues in my past..

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2006 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Teen Suicide

It is good that you are getting the help and support that you need. We also have other Members of the Community who are also on medication and / or bipolar - you are not alone.

Offtopic but,
The Psychology Board has a lot on this and other related topics.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2007 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Teen Suicide Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

SUICIDE RATES AMONG U.S. TEENAGE GIRLS AT 15-YEAR HIGH

The suicide rate among preteen and teenage girls in the United States is at a 15-year high, with hanging surpassing guns as the preferred method, U.S. federal health officials reported Thursday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/health/national/20...cide-girls.html

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Teen Suicide

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,