Sustainable Energy

Sustainable Energy - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Aug, 2008 - 5:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Windmill Farms, Solar Panels, etc.
27th Aug, 2008 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy

More and more I am getting calls from customers with the desire to connect their own generators and sell us the power. Most are solar and wind then when we talk about the bottom dollar they go real quiet.

I think we are progressing to the point where the energy costs will soon offset the purchase price and this will become more common. Even new isolation devices that plug into the existing meter base and then the meter into it are becoming the reality. every step reduces the initial installation costs.

This was an interesting article on this phenomena.

Source 3

Would you be willing to go that extra step? Would it matter t you if it was a new building or old?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2008 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy
A Friend

Energy Sustainable

I would love to go this extra step in my current home. I think that producing my own energy is the way to go for now. With energy prices continuing to rise I can see that more and more people will continue to do this and soon the technology and prices of wind and solar will be cheap enough for most everyone to afford.

28th Aug, 2008 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I have figured the payback now is about 15 years just 4 years ago it was 20 to 25 so we are move up fast. I also would love it geothermal is nice!

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2008 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy
A Friend

Energy Sustainable

I am not sure about using the geothermal as it is too unstable in my opinion. Plus with earth movement that source can be cut off suddenly or something unfavorable coming up.

The fact that it is coming down in the pay out means in a couple more years it will be well worth it.

28th Aug, 2008 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Energy Sustainable

I think the geothermal does matter where you live. It really is not that deep that it goes. It does help heat costs especially the a/c season.

I do agree the ground must be stable and not under 6 feet of water in the spring.

29th Aug, 2008 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy

We have some friends who own a reindeer farm. They live about five miles from us. They put up a windmill and it produces enough energy to meet their needs with so much extra that they sell it back to the local electric company. I think wind power is a very good renewable energy source. Wind is free so if you have good windy location you would recoup your initial equipment costs in no time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Aug, 2008 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy

For wind generation you can look up your site and you must be over class three to make it worth the effort. I think it is the cheaper one to install as well.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Sustainable Energy
A Friend

Sustainable Energy Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I know for fact that I can have a wind turbine of some sort and make my own energy quickly. I need to look into the kinds of wind turbines that will fit on the roof of my garage. I do not thing the city will let be put a big windmill up in my back yard. smile.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Sustainable Energy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,