Ariphron the Wanderer

Ariphron Wanderer - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 10th Jun, 2019 - 9:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II RPG Character 853 Medieval Text Adventure
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2019 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Ariphron the Wanderer
A Friend

Ariphron the Wanderer

My name is Ariphron, and I am a Wanderer. I am of average height (5'10") and have a light brown complexion. I have been training my body for years to become a Martial Artist. This has given me a slim muscular figure. My black hair is cut short, just above a buzz cut and I have piercing green eyes. I wear a dark, hooded leather trenchcoat that stops just at my knees over any armor I wear. I carry a single short sword in an odd fashion. It sits horizontally on my lower back, its hilt to the left of my body.

My mother always told me of my destiny. I am to be a king, but I do not see myself as one yet. A king should be someone the people trust. Someone they can call upon for help, because he as helped them before. A king chosen by the people, because of his deeds. My goal is to be a great hero. I heard stories of great men, saviors of the broken and down trodden. Men that were feared by bandits, cut-throats and any other evil beings in this world. The people saw them as kings because of their deeds as men, and were they to hold the crown the people would gladly allow them to rule the land. I aim to be one of these heroes in this land. To find evil and rid the world of it. I want to be a man that people will add to their tales of great men. That they can call on when they are in need. If at that time the people would call me king by their own choosing, then I will gladly hold the title for them.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2019 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Ariphron the Wanderer
A Friend

Wanderer Ariphron

Advisor Description

Nerto, was a strange man the first time I saw him. It was after my very first mission as a bodyguard that I first noticed him. He wore studded leather armor, though you couldn't tell from the tattered long coat he hid it under. At 5'10" he was extremely fit for a man his age, he had to be around his mid 40s I believed. And surprisingly agile. Behind is grey hair and beard there was a stern look in his eyes that made it strange that he was smiling.
"Excuse me, lad." He said behind that misplaced smile. "Could you point me in the direction of the closest tavern?" As I began to point, he threw a fist at me. I barely managed to block it before he spun around to his right and threw a high kick that landed on my forearm, causing me to embarrassingly hit myself in the temple. With that I hit the ground as he began laughing.
"Just as I thought. You have good defensive ability, but you keep your hands too close to your body." He said holding out a hand. "That'll happen every time with a strong enough attack."
I took is hand, noticing the scars and calluses on it. And pulled myself up with his help. "What was that?" I said, furious.
He smiled again, "Oh calm down, kid. Let us call that your first test. My name is Nerto. I know your mother." As he said that his smile faded for a moment as he paused and looking toward the ground. And then as quickly as it faded it returned, "You must be Ariphron. I have been keeping in eye on you since your mother's passing… At her request of course. I can never say 'no' to that woman."
I was confused, "Wha-"
"Yes she asked me to look after you. To make sure you didn't get into too much trouble, or to make sure you could handle yourself if you did. That said, in your last mission I noticed you could use a few pointers… to say the least. So I decided to become your mentor!" He finished his last sentence in a proud pose, which confused me even more.
I could tell there was no getting out of this, and I was intrigued at the thought of this man knowing my mother. She never mentioned him. A rugged and well traveled looking man who clearly has seen war at least once. I knew from that moment that he would be with me on my journey through this world, and it honestly comforted me a bit.
"Ok, Nerto." I said dusting myself off. "What do you suggest we do from here?"

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2019 - 9:25am / Post ID: #

Ariphron the Wanderer
A Friend

Ariphron the Wanderer Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

House of Sorrows

"Your story was a sad one, friend. This world is cruel and hard. It seems this Autismark places a bane on the mind of children. As it does, the child's mind is shifted in different directions causing them to behave differently from what our society calls normal. It seems to change from child to child, which is why your children have two different polar personalities. At times they can not control their emotions, and can even grow violent even toward you. You seek a cure for this curse and have for many years, but in our time there is little known about this curse in how to left it. There are ways to quell it, but you have yet to find a way to break it. Because of this, you must remain at your children's side to protect them and quell their minds when their anger turns violent, a task that is hard in itself. You not are able to leave your home, for the orc that resides in the children may come forth at any time, and only you know how to ease it into submission."
"Your children's names hold meaning in their personalities. Anxius is curious and doesn't like to sit still too long. He is more outspoken and quick to befriend if not greet people. Gailen is quiet, and keeps to himself mostly. Quiet though he is, it is he who is the one that when is enraged, is hardest to calm. It is because of their mark and its effects that society that claims to be civil and just has taken shunning them, making it hard to find schools accepting of them. So you have been teaching them all on your lonesome. "
"As a father, you are concerned about the future for your children when you are gone. The people of this city are already cruel and unkind to your children because of the curse placed upon them, but they have you to protect them. When you are gone there will be no one to protect them, but themselves. And because of the Autismark it is impossible to predict how they will react, or what they may do if provoked. You worry that life will become harder for them without anyone to guide them."
"You say you are the Creator of this world we live in. And after your demonstration, I whole heartily believe you. You told me also that in your time in this house you created this Alter-World, in which what you will becomes so. But in doing so you have trapped yourself in the world you have made as you are trapped in this house. You do not control the people that find their selves here, but you can control the things that happen to them and the world around them. You hope that the people that find themselves here can understand the burdens you carry on your shoulders. This is a heavy burden. Your children and their Autismark, and your world.

> TOPIC: Ariphron the Wanderer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,