Which Symbol Should Be Used To Represent Autism?

Which Symbol Represent Autism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2019 - 3:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  Which Symbol Should Used Represent Autism
2nd Jul, 2019 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Which Symbol Should Be Used To Represent Autism?

In my recent plunge into various Autism related groups, I learned a number of things with one of them being the use of symbols use to represent Autism or Autistic persons. Some may use the puzzle piece, a ribbon with multi color puzzles, there is of course that dreaded blue puzzle piece that most of us do not like and then there is the multi-colored infinity symbol that some seem to have adopted.

So, my question is for those connected to Autism in some way and the actual Autistic persons… which symbol should be used or should any symbol be used at all? Regardless, do seeing other people using symbols to somehow represent Autism offend you? Would you demand they remove it or take it as them innocently trying to promote awareness?

Personally, I do not use any symbols but would not tell someone to change it because of my opinion. The only one symbol I definitely will not use the one with the blue bulb / puzzle piece.