Anyone For Breakfast?

Anyone Breakfast - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 1:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
24th Mar, 2004 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Anyone For Breakfast?

Based on other threads I have placed here you may have discovered that the common thinking that breakfast is the most important meal of the day may not necessarily be true. The reason I say this is because it has been shown that during the first 5 working hours the body is very much involved in removing waste, hence when you get up in the morning the first thing you have to do is visit the toilet, brush teeth, clean eyes, etc. When you eat a large breakfast of bacon and eggs you stop that waste elimination process. Fruits, which requires very little to no digestion can be eaten liberally instead of eggs and cereal during the morning period. I have done this for years and noticed the big difference on the energy I have during the day as well as the general health I experience. What are your thoughts and what do you normally eat for breakfast?

Sponsored Links:
24th Mar, 2004 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Breakfast Anyone

The first thing I have in the morning is water -- it helps that whole elimination thing and restores water lost. I usually don't have breakfast until a few hours later. Yogurt, cereal, fruit, toast. The bacon-and-egg thing we do on weekends maybe twice a month.

If I don't eat anything substantial, I get horrible hunger pangs within an hour or so of getting to work, and that's annoying. So I do have to eat more than just fruit. Maybe that's just my body being accustomed to the food every day, but I don't think it's good for me to go without.

IMO
Roz

24th Mar, 2004 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Anyone For Breakfast? Health & Special Psychology

Maybe that's just my body being accustomed to the food every day

Yes, it is purely psychological, in fact, if you include some morning exercise you will find that those pangs will disappear or at the very least, be less prevalent. If you have a sit down job then you will find hunger pangs are more acute.

25th Mar, 2004 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Breakfast Anyone

For the past two weeks I have been eating nothing but fruit until noon. The key being I eat it on an empty stomach. I have noticed a big improvement in my digestive process. This alone is reason enough for me to continue this habit.

If I don't eat anything substantial, I get horrible hunger pangs within an hour or so of getting to work, and that's annoying. So I do have to eat more than just fruit.

When you get hungry, just eat more fruit. Fruit is digested very quickly so fruit alone in just one serving probably isn't going to be enough, but there is no reason to limit yourself to just one serving. smile.gif

The most important caveat to this, however, is the fruit must be fresh. Not canned or ever heated or cooked.

22nd May, 2004 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Breakfast Anyone

I started eating fruits again for breakfast although I love my toasts and eggs at the morning! I tried to do it once in a week since I like it so much, fruits are the best for breakfast and a good no-sugary cereal is also a great choice.

22nd May, 2004 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Anyone For Breakfast?

I am loving the no eating anything but fruit in the morning way of eating. My digestive system is so much better since following it. Sometimes I miss the breakfast foods, but not all that often because I never was a very big fan of breakfast type foods in the first place.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Anyone Breakfast

When I was not working, I almost never eat breakfast but since I start working I become very hungry in the morning period (I putted 4 pounds since I started working) I'm sure those pounds are because of the extra food I am eating. Any suggestions on light breakfasts I can eat besides fresh fruits?

23rd May, 2004 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Anyone Breakfast Psychology Special & Health

I usually skip breakfast. For me the most important meal is lunch, which I usually eat around 11am. If I dont have lunch by then, I usually end up getting a headache, which I believe is psychological as JB pointed out. If I do eat breakfast, it throws off my entire day. Oh yeah, and did I mention that I am a Mountain Dew freak, I drink about 2-3 20oz bottles a day, so yeah, I wont live very long biggrin.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Anyone For Breakfast?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,