Depression Affects Women More Than Men

Depression Affects Women Men - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Dec, 2022 - 7:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2019 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Scientists find gender-distinct circuit for depression. Depression affects women nearly twice as much as men, but unraveling the brain's blueprint that regulates this behavior, let alone identifying specific molecular differences between sexes, has proven difficult. Researchers, however, have found and flipped a switch in the brain, revealing a single circuit in mice that activates during stress and is controlled by testosterone. Source 9l.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2019 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Men Than Women Affects Depression

I really find this hard to believe. Coming from a male that has been dealing with depression for several years, I can state atleast for myself it gets pretty bad sometimes. I would say that it seems like more women tend to be depressed compared to the amount of males, atleast in my personal experiences.

23rd Apr, 2020 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Depression Affects Women More Than Men Health & Special Psychology

This could be related to the fact that it's some kind of 'taboo' for a man to have depression, as it's seen as more of a weakness than in women.

1st Oct, 2021 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Yes more women today are depressed more than a man is. We tend to get depressed often more than men. Men are very different than women. We tend to hide our depression.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2022 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hormonal factors related to the reproductive cycle may play a role in women's vulnerability to depression. Estrogens and progesterone have shown their effect on neurotransmission, neuroendocrine and circadian systems, which have been implicated in mood disorders.

> TOPIC: Depression Affects Women More Than Men

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,