Sarah Palin - Page 2 of 26

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 29-Aug 08, 7:15 PM) I - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Sep, 2008 - 11:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (26) »

?
Poll: Will Sarah Palin make a good Vice President?
  100% Sure       16.00%
  I'm positive she will do very good       20.00%
  I think she will do OK       32.00%
  I do not think she will do very well       24.00%
  Uncertain       8.00%
Total Votes: 25
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Former beauty queen. Former Governor of Alaska. Ran as a nominee for US Vice President with McCain. Could she also be a future US President?
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2008 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sarah Palin - Page 2

John McCain Selects Pro-Life Champion Sarah Palin for Vice Presidential Slot

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- In a decision that's sure to unite the pro-life advocates behind his campaign, presidential candidate John McCain selected pro-life champion Sarah Palin as his pick for vice president. Palin, the 44-year-old governor of Alaska, takes a strong pro-life position on both abortion and bioethics issues. Palin is the youngest and first female governor in the state of Alaska and she brings the same kind of reform-minded attitude to the governor's office that McCain has brought to the U.S. Senate. She won election to the gubernatorial seat in 2006 by defeating the incumbent governor and then defeating a former Democratic governor in the general election. The positive reaction to Palin as McCain's running mate from pro-life groups is overwhelming. Palin is strongly pro-life and, as LifeNews.com reported in April, Palin put those pro-life views into practice. As many as 80 percent of unborn children diagnosed with Down syndrome become victims of abortion, but Palin didn't let her child become a statistic. Palin, who has deeply-felt pro-life views, gave birth to her fifth child and the baby was diagnosed with the condition. Palin confirmed her baby, named Trig Paxson, has Down syndrome. "Trig is beautiful and already adored by us," Palin told LifeNews.com at the time. "We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives."
Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2008 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Palin Sarah

I voted for her for governor and was so excited when she won. The one big thing that I liked was she didn't take any money from big companies. She didn't want to have to answer to their agenda--rather she was there for the people. I think she really rocked the scene when she won!

With that said, I was surprised when I heard he chose her. More because I am not sure of all the experience she has to be in such a position but if anyone can do it, she has the determination and willpower. I will have to learn more about her background--but I sure am a little proud that she's not only a woman but she's an ALASKAN woman at that! *smile*

I will update here if I find anything out that might interest anyone reading this thread.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2008 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin
A Friend

Sarah Palin History & Civil Business Politics

I like her. The fact that she is down to earth and does not accept money form big oil and other companies is a refreshing thing to have in washington. Maybe as the chairman of congress she can get some reform done in there.

30th Aug, 2008 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Palin Sarah

The discussion/buzz is really heating up all over the net! I was just trying to get a feel for how people are reacting to the announcement, and honestly, there is no consensus view at all! Some are angry, some are offended, some are joyous, some are vindicated.... it's all over the map.

I did discover that Sarah Palin is a devout Christian, an athlete, and a beauty queen, winning "Miss Congeniality."

Still not sure how I feel about the McCain/Palin ticket, but I am learning more about Palin that I'm okay with.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

31st Aug, 2008 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Palin Sarah

I just love the argument that she has NO experience coming out of the Obama camp. Obama got more experience running for the nomination than he did in his vast (no even one term) experience as a senator. Soon they will be arguing over who has more months of community service. laugh.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

1st Sep, 2008 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin

Some issues are arising.

CNN is reporting that Palin's daughter was pregnant and one of the children they pass off as their son, is actually Sarah Palin's grandson.

Then the Democrats are saying - how can you ask Palin to be your running mate when she has a case based on corruption with the trooper. It seems the commissioner of police is the one saying that Palin tried to influence him to fire the trooper (her former brother-in-law).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Sep, 2008 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin - Page 2

Interesting that the rumors would say Palin's 4-month-old baby is actually her daughter's, when the daughter is still pregnant.

Monday's statement, attributed to Sarah and Todd Palin and released by the campaign, said that Bristol Palin would keep her baby and marry the child's father, identified only as a young man named Levi. The baby is due in late December.

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents," Sarah and Todd Palin said in their brief statement.

The disclosure came on the opening day of the Republican National Convention, which has been scaled back because of Hurricane Gustav, and three days after McCain named Palin as his vice presidential running mate. Coming after the randomness of Gustav, the revelation added to the sense of unscriptedness that is hanging over the convention.

"Life happens," said McCain adviser Steve Schmidt.

"An American family," added colleague Mark Salter.

Palin told McCain's team about the pregnancy during lengthy discussions about her background, and the senator knew about it when he made her his surprise pick Saturday, aides said. At several points during the discussions, McCain's team warned Palin that the scrutiny into her private life would be intense and that there was nothing she could do to prepare for it.

Prominent religious conservatives, many of whom have been lukewarm toward McCain's candidacy, predicted that the announcement would not diminish conservative Christian enthusiasm for the vice presidential hopeful, a staunch abortion opponent. In fact, there was talk that it might help.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/

An interesting development that will either hurt or help - depending on which camp you're in. Remember this? 4/6/08
Barack Obama is drawing gasps from pro-life advocates today over comments he made during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania over the weekend. The leading Democratic presidential candidate appeared to back a potential decision by his daughters to seek an abortion saying he wouldn't "punish" them with a baby...

A completely different viewpoint, yes?

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 1st Sep, 2008 - 11:04pm

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

1st Sep, 2008 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 29-Aug 08, 7:15 PM)
I wonder how she will cope because she is also a young mother of 5 children.

I met them a couple months ago while shopping at Costco. Governor Palin and the "first Dude" as we sometimes call him were shopping. She had Trig strapped to her chest in a baby pack. They were shopping, just the three of them, like my husband and I. The baby was about 2 months old at the time and absolutely adorable. They were very gracious and charming.

She is definitely not a "politics as usual" kind of person. She is not perfect but she is not afraid to go up against the big guns. I did not vote for her in the gubernatorial election, I voted for Tony. But Sarah has done better than I expected as governor. She hasn't done so bad so far. Does she lack experience? Yes. But then so does Obama. At least she speaks her mind instead of a lot of rhetoric. Does she have what it takes? I think she can definitely hold her own and won't be backed down by people trying to intimidate her.

She is big on fighting corruption. From what I can tell she is honest and ethical. She doesn't necessarily alway stick to "the party line." She will support what she thinks is right regardless of which party supports it. That has caused her to not be so popular amongst old school Republicans.

She may not be experienced in foreign policy but she has a vested interest. Her oldest son will be leaving for Iraq, next week I think.

As for juggling family and a political life, she seems to do it very well and makes no excuses for putting her family first.

Will having her on the ticket make me vote for McCain? It just might, we will just have to see how it goes. I have been in a quandary not really wanting to vote for Obama or McCain to this point. Sarah just might tip the scales for me. I do like the idea of having a woman on the ticket.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (26) »

> TOPIC: Sarah Palin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,