Runescape - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 31st Jul, 2012 - 6:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Runescape
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Runescape

Game firm pursues virtual thieves

Fraudsters who targeted the Runescape virtual game with a phishing attack are being sought by police in the UK and US. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Runescape
A Friend

Runescape

I am glad to see them go after these attackers. I think it takes from a game when someone goes into it just to cause problems.

1st Dec, 2009 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Runescape Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I have played runescape though I'm not familiar with the term phishing attack. I wish to know the exact meaning so I can comment though if possible.

1st Dec, 2009 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Runescape

Phishing attacks is when hackers get you to click on a link that you think is a genuine site but it isn't. In this case players probably thought they were giving their CC info for runescape play but it was really going to the scammers.

1st Dec, 2009 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Runescape

Wow, defiantly it is a problem that MUST be addressed by not just runescape, but any place were there are many venerable targets such as this. I'm surprised it has taken this long for them to fight back.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Runescape
A Friend

Runescape

That is why Runescape is going after these guys. Imagine the amount of money that these people were able to scam from the Runescape game. Imagine all the angry players that play Runescape and their parents who paid for their kids just to get scammed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Dec, 2009 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Runescape

Exactly, and who are these people who pray on people trying to have a little fun.

What is the penalty, a small fine?

Which they have already made back 100 times ?

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2012 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Runescape Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Runescape Record breaking

"RuneScape" currently has players in more than 150 countries. In 2008, Guinness World Records crowned the game with the title of "World's Most Popular Free MMORPG," but this isn't the only world record that "RuneScape" has won. The game also holds the Guinness World Record for the most updated game, as well. With content releases nearly every week, the game is constantly changing and evolving, meaning that there is always a new adventure every time players login to the game. Ref. Source 4

Runescape
Runescape (Hover)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Runescape

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,