Can A Child Be A Psychopath? - Psychology Today

Can Child Psychopath Psychology Today - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Dec, 2019 - 12:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th Dec, 2019 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Can A Child Be A Psychopath? - Psychology Today

This article brings into consideration a question some have asked, and popularized by movies and other media. Yet here it is put forward that parental fantasies and expectations can influence a child's personality development while also stating that children cannot technically be diagnosed with Psychopathy. While also discussing a New York Times article by Jennifer Khan on the subject, with her asking the question of whether evil can be born or make. Source 2b

Myself, I do not believe any of use are "Born evil", though we can be born with certain mental and developmental disorder. That yes, parental expectations and the way they treat or perceive their child can great effect the person they become. Especially if they don't know how to properly raise a child, let alone one with mental and developmental issues which require more specialized care or attention. Even if they simply have a lack of understanding of their child's wants and needs, or don't listen to their child when they try to communicate such.

On the subject of whether a child can be a psychopath, I'm no expert but from what research and reading I've done, whatever behavioral aspects that a child has that could lead to psychopathy matters more about how they are raised, parental interaction and experience in a child's often unique needs in development or emotionally, as well as in how any other mental and development disorders are handled, preferably by professionals.

I don't have a definitive answer, though it is situations, considerations, and discussions like this which actually draw an interest for me in Psychology. Even for me to perhaps major in such and go into therapy or counseling as a profession… In part because I want to help other understand the subject better and give them the tools or directions needed to help them where I did not have such growing up. Where after reading books on Autism and Asperger's Syndrome, I wish my parents had the information I do now. Since it how have helped them quite a bit.

Sponsored Links:
11th Dec, 2019 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Today Psychology Psychopath Be Child Can

I agree with you. I think it's mostly based on parent influences growing up. I don't truely believe that anyone is 'born evil'.

> TOPIC: Can A Child Be A Psychopath? - Psychology Today

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,