Australia Floods

Australia Floods - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Jan, 2011 - 12:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Australian Floods Queensland Floods - Flooding
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2011 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Australia Floods
A Friend

Australia Floods

In a situation that is worsening, an area the size of France and Germany have been flooded in the Australian state of Queensland (where I live).

Some major events/implications:

- The city of Rockhampton is completely inundated, St. George could be flooded... Over 25 cities and towns declared disaster areas.

- over 200,000 people directly affect, 10 have died, 1000's of homes have been destroyed.

- half of the crops have been destroyed.

- over half of coal production has been shut down/flooded.

- The Army has been mobilised.

- Roads have been literally washed away through floodwaters and landslides.

Around these parts, flooding is minor but worsening - the main highway is partly cut, a township just about 5km to the west looks to be inundated again.

Worse thing of all - it is still raining, and this is just the beginning of the wet season.

The cruel irony of this is that these areas were flooded last year after almost a decade of crippling drought.

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2011 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Floods Australia

Damien, what is the government doing in order to avoid this sort of situation? I live in an island in the Caribbean and when a little rain falls, half of the capital is under water.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2011 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Australia Floods History & Civil Business Politics

Tourist hotspots unaffected by floods

While Queensland's floods could cost the tourism industry $100 million and vast areas remain under water, the majority of the state's holiday destinations are unaffected and open for business. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2011 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Floods Australia

Name: Derrick

Comments: It's very bad. There are 72 people missing and in news reports you can see whole vans floating like boats as the flood waters take them away.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2011 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Floods Australia

Toowoomba flood toll expected to climb

There are grave fears for an unknown number of Queenslanders caught in flash flooding west of Brisbane, with at least four dead, six missing and the toll certain to climb. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2011 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Australia Floods
A Friend

Australia Floods

Well, where I am is surrounded by flood waters. We are pretty much cutoff from anything really. we have torrential rain, thunder and lightning. The creek and dam behind the property is rising.

8 are dead, 72 are missing and both numbers are set to rise.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jan, 2011 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Australia Floods

Damien, those statistics are VERY concerning. Are you going to be okay? Are the people getting proper assistance?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2011 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Australia Floods
A Friend

Australia Floods Politics Business Civil & History

The emergency services are doing a remarkable job, as always.

I am well stocked for food and are okay for the time being, though it looks like my back yard may flood any minute now.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Australia Floods

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,