The Kingdom Of God Mystery...

The Kingdom God Mystery - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Sep, 2008 - 3:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2008 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was going to call this "Where are they taken?!?" in reference to those who are taken to the kingdom of God. I watched the first 2 movies in the "left Behind" series and disagreed with an number of interpretations of scripture, one was the main theme of the series, the Rapture. Here are my questions:

1) Where are they taken?
2) What is the Kingdom of God?
3) Why should we not follow those who say that it is "over here" or "over there".
4) Who says number 3 today? Have you ever heard it?

See Luke 17:20-37

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mystery God Kingdom The

Are you talking about a Rapture? You have to give a little more information than what you got.

Many religions believe in a rapture. This is why they don't prepare. They think that the lord will come down and take them to a special place before they see any real trials.

I believe in a form of Rapture, but not the rapture that mainstream christian groups believe in.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 1st Sep, 2008 - 5:06am

1st Sep, 2008 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

The Kingdom Of God Mystery... Studies Doctrine Mormon

I read the first 6 or so books of this series and also thought that their idea of the rapture were inaccurate. It has been too many years since then but I remember thinking these same questions as well.

The thoughts I have (at this time) is that the wicked will remain here when Christ returns and the righteous will be caught up to him--I assume that means, literally, in the air. I do not think though that it ends there. I think there will be much destruction happening that will kill some of them but I think we will return here and further/finish the work--I could be totally wrong and am interested in comments. It is one of those things that are interesting and you read up on it, then move on to something else. I never got much farther than these thoughts.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mystery God Kingdom The

I am specifically not interested in the doctrines of rapture. I brought it up as they refeed to a quote from the bible saying that 2 will be... one will be taken the other left. Here is the scripture:

20 ¶ And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
  21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God bis within you.
  22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
  23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
  24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
  25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
  26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
  27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
  28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
  29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
  30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
  31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
  32 Remember Lot's wife.
  33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
  34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
  35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
  36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
  37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.  - Luke 17:20-37

1) Where are they taken? Physically and spiritually?
2) What is the Kingdom of God?
3) Why should we not follow those who say that the kingdom of God is "over here" or "over there".
4) Have you ever heard some one say, "the Kingdom of God is over here, come join?" Whom have you heard say this?

For example, they ask, "Where are they taken?" Jesus replies with a secret message that leaves them still wondering. What is the clear unhidden answer to their question?

Reconcile Edited: Amonhi on 1st Sep, 2008 - 5:25pm

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mystery God Kingdom The

I don't know much about these scriptures. Could it be in reference to 1/3 of the earth's population dieing.

2nd Sep, 2008 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Amonhi @ 1-Sep 08, 12:17 PM)
  29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
  35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
  36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

I have always interpreted this to mean the one "taken" would be struck down by fire and brimstone. The one left would have their life preserved. Meaning during the last days when the earth is cleansed the wicked will be taken and the righteous left to continue the work.

I still think this way but you have definitely given me something to ponder. Particularly the last scripture:

37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. 

I think I need to do some more searching and get back to you on this one.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2008 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Kingdom God Mystery...

The Eagles are in reference to the saints. The body I believe is in reference to the atonement. The gathering could be the curch. When the saints (eagles) gather in the last days.

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2008 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Kingdom God Mystery... Mormon Doctrine Studies

Wow, I have honestly never considered looking at being taken as a bad thing. I thought it was a good thing to be taken, and bad to be left behind. I have always interpreted all the scriptures I quoted as being 1 concept and related together as 1 thought.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Kingdom Of God Mystery...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,